• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

PILOT 37% Edge 540 (107") BUILD

Drew

70cc twin V2
Tail gear and rudder done last night. Pilot has a real nice set up here, but I'm not a fan of the rudder hinge rod sticking out of the top of the rudder like the instructions have you do. So, I put a bend in the rod at end and mount it under the CF tail gear. Did this on my last Pilot airframe and never an issue. The top of the rod goes up into the rudder, just not all the way out.

Rudder hinge rod......
SAM_0278.JPG
CF tail gear mounted......
SAM_0280.JPG
SAM_0282.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Drew

70cc twin V2
Knocked out the rudder servo last night. Real happy with the way it came out. The stock location in the tail for rudder servo allows the elevator on down deflection to hit the rudder servo link. Did some research and this is how I did mine.

Made template with some thick paper......
SAM_0283.JPG

Then made it with plywood.....
SAM_0284.JPG

Attached servo......
SAM_0286.JPG

Epoxied it in and I will return later and beef it up a little more for strength......
SAM_0287.JPG

Test out a mock up link to see how long of titanium link I need to buy while it dries.....
SAM_0290.JPG

Works and looks great !!.........
SAM_0291.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Drew

70cc twin V2
Thanks Gary.....I was not looking forward to this rudder servo install, glad its done. :)

Drew

70cc twin V2
Got a little more done yesterday. Wheel pants, super simple. Slide them on, mark the holes that are pre-drilled in landing gear, drill the wheel pants. Use the supplied blind nuts and screws to attach. Done.....
SAM_0306.JPG