• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

PILOT 37% Edge 540 (107") BUILD

Drew

70cc twin V2
Was a little worried about obtaining a good CG with the rudder servo in the tail with the added servo mount, so last night I mocked up the whole plane to check it. I'm actually nose heavy in the pic without the prop bolts installed. VERY HAPPY !!! :banana:

SAM_0366.jpg

SAM_0363.jpg

Drew

70cc twin V2
Not much to report, had a crazy week at work.....Anyway, got the stabs all done, engine cowl drilled and mounted with 4/40 Alan screws and nylon washers. Also ran and made up my power leads for the receivers, I used some heavy duty speaker wire I already had. I ordered new lipos and all servo extensions today which should be here next week. That was all I had left to get. :thumbup:

SAM_0369.jpg

SAM_0370.JPG

SAM_0367.jpg

SAM_0368.jpg

SAM_0373.jpg

Drew

70cc twin V2
Pretty much got the plane done last night, just haven't been taking pics. All that's left to do is CG it, install Lipos, and fire it up. I'm thinking if this weekend is nice weather, I might maiden it Saturday afternoon or Sunday. I will post some pics later tonight.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Pretty much got the plane done last night, just haven't been taking pics. All that's left to do is CG it, install Lipos, and fire it up. I'm thinking if this weekend is nice weather, I might maiden it Saturday afternoon or Sunday. I will post some pics later tonight.

What's the word? Did you fly? Where are they completion pics??? :)

Drew

70cc twin V2
Well, the weather this past Saturday was perfect so I took the Edge out for maiden. Got to say it fly's incredible and is a 3D monster, like nothing Ive ever flown before. My DA100L on a Falcon CF 27x10 pulls the plane with authority, this plane must be insane on a 120. Here are a few pics of the baffling and at the field. Very happy with it !!!

SAM_0379.JPG

SAM_0380.jpg

SAM_0381.JPG

SAM_0377.jpg

SAM_0374.jpg

SAM_0375.jpg

SAM_0376.jpg