• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

PILOT 37% Edge 540 (107") BUILD

njswede

150cc
I wish I had your flying weather. We're expecting 2ft of snow here the next 48 hours. You guys in Texas SUCK! :)

(That being said, congrats!)

Don't hate! Just remember its too dang hot here to fly in July or August! Texas welcomes you to relocate here, just as long as you change your name to TXSwede.

And Drew....no maiden vid? What gives?

Last edited by a moderator:

Drew

70cc twin V2
Thanks guys......no video yet since my bad a$$ office camera was already checked out. I meant to have someone at least take pictures but I was to excited to remember. Ive flown a lot of planes in my day, but nothing can compare to this plane. I let Jason D. take a flight on it as well to see his thoughts and he loved it as well. My third flight I really got down with it and boy does it do some crazy stuff. Harriers are effortless and she will torque roll all day. Hoping to get out again this weekend weather permitting, and wife. ;)

Drew

70cc twin V2
Oh, one issue we noticed was the CG slightly off. So Ive already sold the BIG HITEC 7980 I had back there for the rudder and picked up a Futaba BLS152 to drop some tail weight. I also had a blind nut start to strip for the stabs on assembly, so had to remove some covering on the belly to access it and replace it. While I was in there, I went ahead and removed the stock rudder servo mount that wasn't usable. That dropped another .5 ounce from the tail. I have some more room upfront to move my Lipos forward, so all that should get me where I need to be. The plane flew just fine with the CG this way, but slightly pulled up on the inverted 45 up-line. Also has some bad knife edge pull to the belly. I believe this will all go away after these changes. :)

your build is helpful,, just finished reading it,,
I just unboxed mine!!! And am getting started on it tonight

Attachments

• 1604388_10200511084858336_139456266_n.jpg
    1604388_10200511084858336_139456266_n.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 366

Lojik

70cc twin V2
Lovely bird, wish I had the space to transport such a beast, I have bought the 30% version of this model in the same scheme, might start a thread for it when it arrives.