• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale Pitts S1-T, S1-S, and a Challenger.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Thank you @Jaketab. From what I see this one will be the easiest, quickest (in actual build time), and lightest. As it currently stands I do not see why this thing can not come in at or below the mfg.'s listed weight of 32lbs, which is good for me. The pic is everything to complete the tail feathers less the Ultracote. Not much to them, the wings are the same, the fuse has some chunks of 1/4" ply of which can be lightened, it's as close to an ARF as it can get and be of kit form.

Attachments

• P1080311.JPG
    P1080311.JPG
    69.8 KB · Views: 234
Last edited:

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Had some running around today but still managing to get something done, the fin and stabs are done. In case no one recall's I do all the sanding when everything is framed, thus my saying things are done when they clearly are not. Should have the rest of the tail feathers complete tonight.

Attachments

• 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    69.8 KB · Views: 252
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    90.7 KB · Views: 300
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    84.6 KB · Views: 276

john_M

30cc
Wow, started building the Challenger already; great!... you should be able to build this one with your eyes closed, lol.

Shop looks nice Ace; you even installed pre-finished hard wood flooring to boot... adds a nice finishing touch and with great contrast with the walls / ceiling... the lighting is key, nice and bright!... you have plenty of room there to build anything to your hearts content.

John M,

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Yes sir John, thank you.

The fuse took some thought and planning to glue the box together at one time, which to me is the best way to ensure everything is square. But here it is curing.

Attachments

• P1080316.JPG
    P1080316.JPG
    88.4 KB · Views: 227

john_M

30cc
Interesting, its a totally different method of assembly than with the 46% EMHW S1-S... looks good though, what scale is this one you're building now?

John M,

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
The fuse is different but the rest is real similar. This one is 41%, 86" wingspan.
On another note mentioned above, I did not plan on the flooring. After getting the drywall in that plywood just was just to hideous so I went looking. This is the cheapest HD carried and suits the bill perfectly, and it does add a great deal to the room. So much so that I wish I had did the finish treatment on the drywall tapes. Oh well!!