• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

RCGF 120

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Truly a downer I'm sure. Upside? Mount that motor. Mine is mounted...working on a throttle arm. Photos to follow.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Initial mounting and an itsy-bitsy twist-a-roonie on the fuel inlet on the Walbro.
20160528_194538.jpg 20160528_194607.jpg 20160528_194626.jpg
I will be adding another 1/8" aluminum spacer as the supplied standoffs are not quite long enough. Also had to get longer bolts.

Lesson to be learned Rob, never ever cut a firewall for a 4 cylinder unless you're sure it's going to stay put.

Ok, here we go...added spacer...20160528_210721.jpg

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Calling it a night. Adjusted, readjusted...and readjusted once more. Got my final cowl to back plate spacing set. Right at a slight 1/8" clearance. Centering came out pretty good too.
20160528_222003.jpg 20160528_222020.jpg

Ya'll know how anal I can be. So with that being said, I decided to use the original cowl that was cut up for the 128 4 cylinder. I'm going to have to make cutouts for at least the left side spark plug boot. Possibly the right as well. Not sure yet. I'd rather cut up this cowl and use it for a pattern like I did on the Cessna. To me that's more logical than hacking away at a nearly brand new cowl that housed the DLE 111.

Good possibility I'll have this RCGF 120 purring tomorrow.

Good deal Rob. I have to still do my throttle arm and button it up. May take the boy downstairs today and finish it up. He was wound for sound, after a 2 hr nap, just before bedtime.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Good deal Rob. I have to still do my throttle arm and button it up. May take the boy downstairs today and finish it up. He was wound for sound, after a 2 hr nap, just before bedtime.
Dang, I remember when mine were his age. And I had 3 of them to contend with all by myself. I wouldn't trade those 17 years of raising them by myself for all the rc planes in the world.

I'm going to design a throttle arm this morning, hook up the gas pedal linkage, mount the mufflers and prop and gas her up for a test run.

Here we go again.

I just used a 1.75" old JR servo arm that I have no use for for a carb arm. Best part of it, my ATVs are nearly back to 100/100. 96 on H and 103/4 on L. But, I did have to extend my pushrod.

My Corvus cowl is probably a bit narrower than most other cowls out there. Plus, with the removal od the DA 120, i had to increase my stand off length, and trim the cut outs for the plug boots. This would be even better if this Corvus had a split cowl. This way, I wouldnt have to listen to crackling glass on my cowl. Oh well. It is what it is. Good thing I have a spare cowl! :)

But, it is all buttoned up, even with the boy crying everytime I moved in the basement. Mine turned over quite easy with the plugs installed, no prop. Gonna wait for any subsquesnt flipping until tomorrow with fuel.

Now, just to get the new lawn mower box out of my trailer, and shove 2 airplanes in for tomorrow!

All loaded up, and have fuel for the birds too. Trailer hooked to the truck, pulling out at 915a. Load the cooler just before I walk out the door. Gonna be slightly warm tomorrow.

Loaded 2 other props to test tomorrow, 29x9 and 27x11. Have the 28x9W on for the start.

I cant wait to give one. If mine runs anything like Chad's does from TailDragger RC, it is gonna be a stinkin monster!

Reports more power than a DA 120, with much less vibration. Thats the report, but I can and will confirm that in about 12 hours!

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I cant wait to give one. If mine runs anything like Chad's does from TailDragger RC, it is gonna be a stinkin monster!

Reports more power than a DA 120, with much less vibration. Thats the report, but I can and will confirm that in about 12 hours!
All I can say Chris is this. 6500 static stock muffs. with Falcon 28x10. The Edge lost about a pound and a half just as we figured. Comes in at a whopping 26 pounds. Just buttoned mine up moments ago. Taking out of here at 8 bells a.m.

I have a few pictures that I will upload just as soon as I clean up my massive mess. Although I "did" have to make spark plug boot reliefs, it wasn't as sever as first thought. I think it will be ok.