• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale RCM 1/3 Scale Champ Build

TonyHallo

150cc
Yes but it will not be fun.
I'm getting close to restarting the project, might be pretty close to finishing the punch list items on my remodeling list. Still need to install gas logs in the fireplace but I do have the logs yet. Thinking I will cover the stab, elevators and rudder first to get back into the swing

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Have you ever played with aDA-100 in-line. Or seen one fly, listen to a video of the engine and I must say I really liked it.

TonyHallo

150cc
No I have not seen one, assume the engine fires alternately, would image it would sound like a 4 cylinder two stroke and much smoother than the a boxer twin? You building a war bird?

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
No I have not seen one, assume the engine fires alternately, would image it would sound like a 4 cylinder two stroke and much smoother than the a boxer twin? You building a war bird?
No not a war bird, looking at the engine really like it and the sound. Remember I am in the hobby to play with engines love them. Just looking into the future, would love to buy the engine and then find a nice sport plane that it will fit into. Played with war birds and yes I like the looks but a lot of work endless maintenance on the retracts. They are heavy and do not fly that great.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Will have to make a video of it when you get it running. If you come across a plane that will do justice to the 100 inline let me know. Thanks.
You got several advantages it’s a four stroke and a twin, it should sound good.

TonyHallo

150cc
OK I got a couple of doors to paint the trim, could finish today but decided to take the day off to rest my weary bones, the gransons are coming over tomorrow at 2:00 for a sleep over so I will not get back to the paint until Tuesday. Cleaned a spot off on the bench and began the covering off the trail surfaces. First off I removed the tail wire and measured them up, request a quote from http://www.flying-wires.ch/flying-wires/index.html. We'll see what they come back with, can't wait. Now back to the shop.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
OK I got a couple of doors to paint the trim, could finish today but decided to take the day off to rest my weary bones, the gransons are coming over tomorrow at 2:00 for a sleep over so I will not get back to the paint until Tuesday. Cleaned a spot off on the bench and began the covering off the trail surfaces. First off I removed the tail wire and measured them up, request a quote from http://www.flying-wires.ch/flying-wires/index.html. We'll see what they come back with, can't wait. Now back to the shop.

I have read about this company they supposedly make the best plane wires. They are not cheap be interested to see what you get and the quality and if it was worth it

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Is it the wires or the end pieces (or both) that is causing you to consider buying vs making with your mill or lathe?

TonyHallo

150cc
Don't believe i could make them as good as these look, this is a DuBro 4-40 rod end turned down to look like a terminal end, the scale is not right. Any rate the heard back for the company and sent the funds via PayPal today, should be here in a couple of weeks. Will post a side by side comparison.
IMG_0944-1.jpg

Last edited: