• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Sport Restoring The Laser

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Hey Dennis,

That's good news about your recovery. I thought you wouldn't have any problems cutting what I need. . . . . :yesss:. Now, all I need to see is the bottom of the full size plane.

This may be a dumb question, but can you cut vinyl from an AutoCAD file? Or does it need to be in a different format? I can draw up what I need in AutoCAD and even lay it out for your cutter. It's going to take me a while to get the dimensions of everything so I may as well draw it up in case I do something stupid. . . . .;).

Oh, if I do decide to go forward with this, I will save my "special" decals for my Carden Extra. . . . . .:way_to_go:

yakken

100cc
I need some decals for my extra. Looks all naked.
uploadfromtaptalk1452222722964.jpg

Decal Dennis

TEAM EP&G
Hey David,

Yep I can handle AutoCAD file, just send as .dwg or .dxf

I'm an old AutoCAD hound myself.....use to work for a Civil Engineer, I was their Land Surveyor. I still have AutoCAD 14 and 2000 lol, full versions, not student versions

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Man, I would LOVE to get my hands on a copy of AutoCAD 2000. I'm an electrical engineer and most of the architects we work for have gone to Revit and I HATE that :steamer:.

OK Guys, I need my beauty sleep. Goodnight . . :sleepy:

Daytonarc

70cc twin V2
Good evening Fellas,

As I posted on another thread, I am now considering stripping and recovering my Laser. See what you're making me do now @stangflyer You should be ashamed of yourself. . . . . :laughing:. Also like I said before, it will be done in the full size scheme of dark blue with yellow stripes and stars. The first of two hurdles I need to overcome is to find out if @Decal Dennis can cut the stripes and stars from vinyl for me (after he re-cooperates from his foot surgery of course) and after I overcome the second hurdle. The second one is going to be quite a bit tougher. I need to find as many picture of the full size plane as I can find. Especially the bottom of the plane. Can anyone out there hook me up? Let the cricket chirping commence. . . . . :lol2:

Call Frontiers of Flight Museum in Dallas (214) 350-3600 they have this one from 1980 on display.

IMG_0018-300x200.jpg