• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Saw this today. Wow.

ericb

Team WTFO
GSN Contributor
Saw it on another site. Wow, just wow.

Hello today I was finishing my second flight and had a deadstick. I managed to land the plane safely and noticed the tank was empty. However fuel lines had still fuel. I started the engine again and it run about 1 minute more then stopped. Was the deadstick related to low fuel? I was not flying inverted but just before I performed a hammerfall. It is the first time I have a stop in flight with this engine, has run very well for 3h.

ericb

Team WTFO
GSN Contributor
I'm pretty sure it was a battery or oil related deadstick. I'd get some bowman rings, change the oil ratio to 150:1 Walmart dyno, put in a 12s Lipo unregulated and it'll be just fine.

I bet the battery went dead right as the gas ran out.

LOL figures.
Not to sound like a butt, when I see a topic over there that Says; I'm pulling the trigger, buying my first giant scale plane and after a little reading. They say "which plane should I get for my new 20cc DLE"?
It kills me!

emtp275

100cc
What happened here was just before the "hammer fall" the plane was so high the air was so cold it froze the fuel in the lines causing a lean running condition that starved the motor for fuel, After the landing the air was at a temp that allowed the fuel to flow freely again so he was able to get the last 60sec worth out. To avoid this in the future add a cap full of antifreze to the fuel mixture and bam no longer an issue.