• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Show Me the Biplanes!!!!

Bipeguy03

150cc
I have a few, but you probably already found the same ones.

The S1-T

C__Data_Users_DefApps_Windows Phone_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_pitts_s1t.jpg

The S1-11B

C__Data_Users_DefApps_Windows Phone_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_3-view-i-struts.png

And the S-2S, which is the model Skip Stewart's "Prometheus" as well as Jason Newberg's "Viper" and the Wolf Pitts Pro all started out as.

Sight_2017_07_30_040344_209.jpg

I actually started designing my own Modified S-2S that I was going to call Chimera, but never finished it as it Ws kinda ridiculously big. Here's some pics of were I was, dad is in the one pic for reference and he is 5'7" tall.

Sight_2017_07_30_040846_058.jpg

Sight_2017_07_30_040908_604.jpg

Sight_2017_07_30_040926_707.jpg

Bipeguy03

150cc
Unfortunately, the reason I have yet to tackle a Samson is because I can't find any drawings or specs as a starting point. I would love to see someone find something, and get it posted so guys like me can steal it ;)

Hey Doug,

I hope you find something soon. We need another AWESOME build thread to follow now that @Bipeguy03 is almost done with his Krier Kraft. . . . :big_yes:

I'll be starting another bipe build as soon as the Krier is flying, a giant scale Hot Kanary. And when that is done, which shouldn't take as long as the Krier, I'm going to start on a 1/4 scale Starduster Too from my own design.

There's gonna be loooooooooots of bipey goodness on GSN for some time :D

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Unfortunately, the reason I have yet to tackle a Samson is because I can't find any drawings or specs as a starting point. I would love to see someone find something, and get it posted so guys like me can steal it ;)

I'll be starting another bipe build as soon as the Krier is flying, a giant scale Hot Kanary. And when that is done, which shouldn't take as long as the Krier, I'm going to start on a 1/4 scale Starduster Too from my own design.

There's gonna be loooooooooots of bipey goodness on GSN for some time :D

Just to throw something out there for your Starduster.;)

20071023_122704_radialduster.jpg

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
I have a few, but you probably already found the same ones.

The S1-T

View attachment 97987

The S1-11B

View attachment 97988

And the S-2S, which is the model Skip Stewart's "Prometheus" as well as Jason Newberg's "Viper" and the Wolf Pitts Pro all started out as.

View attachment 97989

I actually started designing my own Modified S-2S that I was going to call Chimera, but never finished it as it Ws kinda ridiculously big. Here's some pics of were I was, dad is in the one pic for reference and he is 5'7" tall.

View attachment 97990

View attachment 97991

View attachment 97992

The S1-11B three view is one I did not have, thanks!
The picture of the one you were designing on the wall reminds me of one I have of the original design for what became "Miss Moana" printed on standard sheets of paper taped together hanging on a garage door at my shop. ;)

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Your not going to find a set of plans for a Pitts with a three piece top wing, that will have to be designed. As for the specialty Pitts such as Promethious, Bulldog, etc. they started with an S2 fuse, modified the tail feathers, and built custom wing's. Plans for such are not available for the custom wings or the tail feather mods. their were other mods but they don't pertain to r/c but rather structural and the such.

Bipeguy03

150cc
I have a set of Hostetler 1-11B plans for a someday project. It doesn't look like it would be too difficult to change it to 2 piece wings.

I would like to put it on a serious diet and stick a 70cc up front. It wouldn't be a 3D power house, but it sure would be fun!

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
I have a set of Hostetler 1-11B plans for a someday project. It doesn't look like it would be too difficult to change it to 2 piece wings.

I would like to put it on a serious diet and stick a 70cc up front. It wouldn't be a 3D power house, but it sure would be fun!
After looking at a build thread on that I agree. The flat box sides would be easy to modify for a wing tube, plus add about a million lightning holes.