• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Show Me the Biplanes!!!!

WMcNabb

150cc
This will be a great thread to watch!! Looking forward to it.
Pitts variants...pick one!

IMG_0310.JPG IMG_0311.JPG IMG_0312.JPG IMG_0314.JPG IMG_0315.JPG IMG_0318.JPG

Bipeguy03

150cc
A few pictures of the Hostetler 1-11 I found awhile back on RCU. It's a great looking bird, but I'm not sure why the builder turned the Cabanes around as the 1-11's cross member is supposed to go aft not forward.

C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_DSC00877.jpg

C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_DSC00882.jpg

Bipeguy03

150cc
Just saw an old post on Rotec Radial's Facebook page from Steve Wolf were he said the Samson Mite is the same span as an S-1. Well an S-1 span is 17 foot 4 inches. Which means a full scale Samson would be 23 foot 1 inch.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Ya'll are really driving me nuts-o with all this bipe talk. I seriously need to have a big one. In a moment of weakness, I probably picked up another 3w (4) cylinder tonight. (Like 5 of them is not enough already right?) I have always loved-loved-loved the Super Steerman. But it just wouldn't be right with a four cylinder. It really calls for a radial. So what would be "VERY" cool for a large...."BIG" two winged plane with a dub 4 banger up front? I am asking for input because after Tri-Cities, I need to get busy on a "Velox" build for my friend so he has a new IMAC plane. After that, it will be winter build time again. Need to get a big bipe planned.

Bipeguy03

150cc
Ya'll are really driving me nuts-o with all this bipe talk. I seriously need to have a big one. In a moment of weakness, I probably picked up another 3w (4) cylinder tonight. (Like 5 of them is not enough already right?) I have always loved-loved-loved the Super Steerman. But it just wouldn't be right with a four cylinder. It really calls for a radial. So what would be "VERY" cool for a large...."BIG" two winged plane with a dub 4 banger up front? I am asking for input because after Tri-Cities, I need to get busy on a "Velox" build for my friend so he has a new IMAC plane. After that, it will be winter build time again. Need to get a big bipe planned.

Could always do a exclusiv modellbau Pitts.

I think they also have a big Ultimate Bipe as well.