• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

St George Utah 3D Bash

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Ok guys, only a few more days to go!!!

I have been talking a bunch with Mark Leseburg the past few days. I have been trying to get him lined up for an amazing demo on Friday and Saturday. He is having a hard time committing to our event though because of conflicting business opportunities that same weekend. You see, Mark is not only a world champion RC pilot, but is now jumping into full scale aerobatics competitions! Mark recently acquired a full scale Extra 300L and will soon be offering full scale aerobatics instruction. In order to better establish himself he is entering full scale aerobatics competitions. This weekend he was planning to head down to California to compete on Friday and Saturday. Initially he thought he would be involved on Saturday only so he was planning to fly a demo here on Friday and then head down to the competition on Saturday.

How can you help get Mark to our event?

Mark offers rides in his plane!!! If you want to fulfill a life-long dream of flying in a full scale aerobatic plane this is your chance! See the attached flyer. Mark said if there was enough interest in rides he would stay in St George and hang out at the event with us instead of flying to California. This is a business decision for him at a critical phase of his business... owning a full scale plane is PRICEY! If we can get several people lined up to fly with Mark we can ensure that he will be there.

Please post or send me a PM if you plan to pursue this.

Please see the attached poster!

View attachment Poster 3.pdf

3dNater

Ok Fellas, another awesome update!

I have two light towers reserved to pick up from our newest sponsor, H&E Equipment! They are hooking us up with towers to be picked up sometime on Friday :D Let the night flying fun commence! I had honestly hoped to have this nailed down a lot sooner but getting them for this price (fuel only) was worth the wait :)

3dNater

As you guys can imagine, I have been experiencing a little anxiety over the event this weekend. One of the things I have been stressing a little about that I have absolutely no control over is the weather. Nobody likes flying on a super windy day. Early this week I was a little concerned because Saturday was forecast to have 20 mph wind. Well, I was pretty sure it would be anything BUT the forecast at that point. As it grows closer the day looks more and more favorable. Right now it is showing a max of 14 mph for Saturday. Friday looks really nice. The most wind will likely be late in the afternoon.

Of course the best weather of the day is often at night so the light towers should be awesome :D

3dNater

Do you guys have any music requests for the event? Post them up! We will play anything that is not offensive to families with small children.

FlyMike1

70cc twin V2
Sounds awesome, I fly in the rain, snow, and the wind dont bother me as long as its not choppy. Pink Floyd

FlyMike1

70cc twin V2
I was going to leave today and maiden a new plane, but i've been so busy, I wore myself out. Going to get things situated today then leave first in the morning. Is the fly park open everyday or is there a lock and fence

3dNater

There is a gate with a lock. FYI we will be setting everything up Thursday afternoon at around 3:00 pm so there will for sure be people there for a few hours starting at around 3:00. Some of that time will be spent blowing off the runway but Im sure there will be an opportunity for you to get some flights in. I will probly bring a plane out as I would like to tweak some settings before things really start on Friday. Once things get going I wont have too many flying opps so I want them to count.