• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

St George Utah 3D Bash

gyro

GSN Contributor
If I might ask a simple question, where does the raffle money go? Also how much are tickets?

I can answer part of that question. We (3drcforums) work with the host club to raise money for their club. A small portion of the proceeds go towards this Forum, with the very vast majority helping the club cover their costs of hosting, as well as field improvements and such. We hope that by helping the clubs raise money, they'll stay motivated to host these events in the future. This applies to all the events in the 3D Bash series.

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
If I might ask a simple question, where does the raffle money go? Also how much are tickets?

The raffle is our club's main source of revenue from this event (hopefully). The money we get from event revenue goes to maintaining and expanding our field. Our field is owned, operated, and built by the club members. I think I can say with a fair amount of confidence that our field is likely the best in Utah. We are commited to keeping it awesome and trying to make it even better. Right now we are trying to get potable water and permanent restroom facilities among other things.

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
I forgot to add... raffle tickes are $1 for one and 6 for $5. We hope you want at least 100 of them :)

AKfreak

150cc
Thanks for the info guys. I was just curious. I'll buy my share of them. All I can hope for now is good weather. My ride says he won't go if the weather (wind) is too high. I have been looking at trailers so I won't have to rely on others for help transporting my planes in the future. So for now I pray.

AKfreak

150cc
Do you own a faomy yet. If not, I promise it is what you need to get better at 3d. The step between SIM and balsa is light years apart. Everything is much faster, and the foamy helps not only with the stick moves, bit he helps to transition onto the faster stuff.

Don't get me wrong I SIM daily, however I foamy more than anything as kids don't allow me to live at the field.

Ahblair4

70cc twin V2
Do you own a faomy yet. If not, I promise it is what you need to get better at 3d. The step between SIM and balsa is light years apart. Everything is much faster, and the foamy helps not only with the stick moves, bit he helps to transition onto the faster stuff.

Don't get me wrong I SIM daily, however I foamy more than anything as kids don't allow me to live at the field.

Yeah I have a Crack Laser I fly avidly. Haven't been out too much with it lately. As of today I can say, I do decent rolling harriers! :D 6 months payed off!