• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

gyro

GSN Contributor
The fn mag is the Father of our FN made m-240 machine gun, which is quite possibly the best automatic weapon ever made.

I got to shoot a m-240 simulator a few weeks ago. Real 240 modified to take compressed air for the bolt... Also shot the 50 cal and SAW setup the same way.

One word: awesomeness

njswede

150cc
The fn mag is the Father of our FN made m-240 machine gun, which is quite possibly the best automatic weapon ever made.

Yeah. The fun part was that Sweden used to have 6.5mm as their standard, but changed to the 7.62mm NATO standard in the 70s. This meant that there were millions upon millions of 6.5mm rounds in storage they needed to get rid of. And the FN MAG has easily replaceable barrels, so we would snap on a 6.5mm barrel and were literally encouraged to shoot as much as we possibly could when we were at sea. Live ammunition is expensive to get rid of, so the best way to get rid of it was to shoot. And boy did we shoot!!! :tomcruise:

quadracer

100cc
I got to shoot a SAW three winters ago. Nasty piece, it is. It blows ammonia back in your face.

I got lucky enough to get hired by a contractor building a small-weapons test range at Crane Naval Base. At the end of the project, the brass brought out a box van, stuffed with: M4A1, SCAR-L, SCAR-H, SAW, Barrett .50 semi-auto, Accuracy International .300 Win Mag (suppressed), and a whole pallet of ammo for each. They gave us a quick safety briefing and said "have at it!" Best day of work EVER!

nebwake

70cc twin V2
All this gun talk has sidelined my airplane addiction and I am having severe withdraw from guns... I've been looking at a Dan brown custom 1911 and I might have to start selling some stuff off to get it. I also want a .22 cal S&W MP-15 22... Stupid habits:ashamed:

nebwake

70cc twin V2
That sounds sweet, AI makes some awesome rifles. The 249 blowing ammonia in your face is a mystery to me, only thing I can think of is that you were too far forward on the gun unless the buffer was going bad. Anyways they are a sweet piece of hardware, I certainly would not want to be on the business end of one.