• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

gyro

GSN Contributor
Yeah. This was my first one. I got $300. Parts and such were $170. So in the end I made $130.

:)

Dan

Well on your way to a job like everyone has been talking about.

Keep saving up, and you'll have your new plane in no time.

-DJO

70cc twin V2
It wasn't just to solder, it was the effort that went into it to reduce noise from the ESC by making shorter leads, and I was going to put on a torroid ring on there was well, but that's not needed because of the LC filter. It's more than just soldering. Not to mention that the vTX, antennas and such are sensitive and you need to get everything right. If you've never built an FPV setup or wiring for FPV then I wouldn't suggest you do it... ;)

I also tested all the components myself. Not to mention shipping costs and PayPal fees, in the end I came out with about $115...

:)

Dan

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Karbonite... alright sounds interesting...? :confused: Is karbonite plastic?

Basically plastic. I think superman is immune to them too...

I have had a few that held up to quite a bit of abuse but they are more prone to breaking from hangar rash than the mg's. I doubt you could break one in the air. Sometimes a bump to the control surface can cause them to strip. I had one on an aileron of my 48 edge for probably over 200 flights before it got stripped in the back seat of my car. According to some I was lucky to get that much mileage. The good news is you can put an mg gear set in them if it breaks. I did that with mine and it is still going strong.

I can't recommend using them because the mg's are a better option but if you do go that route put hb's on the ailerons and mg's on the tailfeathers.

Last edited by a moderator: