• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

gyro

GSN Contributor
I think I might have witnessed a brief pause in Ponts' heartbeat. His smile while flying my 70 was absolutely huge! I think the reason he briefly lost orientation, is he wasn't expecting an airplane to do so many revolutions on a poptop. That, and I think he was just being a little cautious while flying my airplanes, and didn't want to get into any situations that he couldn't fly himself out of easily.

It was a good day for us, even in the 20mph winds. I was pushing some of my own comfort levels in the winds which felt great... AFTERWARDS.
We saw some great flying, shook hands with some of the ARCA guys, and just simply enjoyed our wonderful hobby!

njswede

150cc
Flying your 70" Slick knife edge definitely put a smile on my face. You've got a well trimmed aircraft there. I literally took the right hand off the radio and just held a little bit of rudder and the thing was tracking like an arrow.

And yes, flying someone else's plane on 20mph at a field you're not familiar with (and that's 80% water) was a interesting experience...

Last edited by a moderator:

njswede

150cc
I know how that feels to do a maneuver and end up in a position you did not intend to. A couple moths back I had my 46'' yak and was practicing funnel hovers. I did about three successfully. I then landed my plane and put another battery in and decided I wanted to do it again. Well It started out fine at about 50 feet up, then it entered a KE spin that I had trouble getting out of. By shear luck I pulled out of the KE spin no more than 5-7 feet from the ground. everyone behind me was saying how cool that was and telling me to do it again. I just laughed and said that was a one time move for the day. Up until that point I had never been locked into a KE spin that I could not get out of but for some reason the plane would not break loose.

I think I read somewhere (most likely on this site) that Joe managed to get into a KE spin he couldn't power out of.

My KE spin exits usually consist of gunning the throttle and pulling some random direction of the sticks and most of the time it ends up flying out of it... :)

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
I think I read somewhere (most likely on this site) that Joe managed to get into a KE spin he couldn't power out of.

My KE spin exits usually consist of gunning the throttle and pulling some random direction of the sticks and most of the time it ends up flying out of it... :)

Joe crashed at XFC this last summer. In the video the guy with the mic asks him what happened and he just says he had everything reversed. I don't remember for sure but it seems like he might have had a servo failure. Fantastic flight up to that point.

Here is the vid:

[video=youtube;WyTI0Y2zDN4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyTI0Y2zDN4[/video]

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
For any spin maneuver you can usually pull out of it just by reversing the stick inputs you have momentarily.

-DJO

70cc twin V2
Guys, what am I going to do? A day or two more and it'll be a full week with no contact at all from Fred :confused:

:( LOL!

Dan

gyro

GSN Contributor
Yeah, I think that's what I do intuitively without thinking about it. I usually make it out of spins just fine...

Sure you do....

btw, just snagged a new in box AR9110 DSMX power safe for the 106". Planning for the maiden this weekend.

-DJO

70cc twin V2
Oh and BTW guys - funding for the 3DHS 48'' Edge that I might be building just got a kick start with $110 from a check in the mail from Google Adsense (YouTube monetization)

Soooo.. I just need about triple that added to it :confused:

:)

Dan