• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

-DJO

70cc twin V2
I always just hot glue the servo extensions when I use them... cheap and simple.. and permanent for the time being, but you can always melt the glue again and take them off.

:)

Dan

gyro

GSN Contributor
I always just hot glue the servo extensions when I use them... cheap and simple.. and permanent for the time being, but you can always melt the glue again and take them off.

:)

Dan

Dan, great suggestion, but not applicable here. These were extensions that were getting connected and disconnected each time wings were installed.

Going to reposition the rx in the 89,
So I can plug the aileron leads directly into the rx.

Thanks anyway :)

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
Going to reposition the rx in the 89,
So I can plug the aileron leads directly into the rx.

Thanks anyway :)
I have no first hand experience but I hear and read that this is not the safest way to go as the connection loosens up over time with no way to secure.

skibum44

70cc twin V2
I also hot glue the connections into the RX, so I kinda need a safety lock on the extensions. Any other alternatives out there... I don't feel like tying dental floss at the field.

joshgluck

100cc
Although I'm down a foamy.....

Epbuddy.com made me very happy as did subsonicplanes.com

uploadfromtaptalk1363474611445.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1363474628977.jpg

58" Edge here we come

joshgluck

100cc
Well... See what I get for buying at an auction

View attachment 6563

I relive the whole story as it was fantastical and can't even be blamed on a dumb thumb when I'm back at a computer..

For now it's next victim

So here is what happened :

It all started with the club auction that's where I picked up the used 330. turns out that the previous owner I think assembled it with CA and crashed which is where you see the stress cracks. I mean I know he crashed the CA is what I'm guessing because the foam was a little yellowish.

The maiden last week went without issue. I thought everything was fine. I change the prop cause I was running the wrong one, I was running a 12 6. I put on a 13 8 as the hobby shop didn't have a 14 7, figured it was safe.

All seemed well took off no issues pulled into it up wind 45 did an Immelman came back turn around drop down 15 feet of the deck when to full throttle and poof, she explode mid air. Airframe won't be going back together due to the ca damage and I'm figuring that is why the ailerons completely separated as the hinges were glued in w ca.

Then next victim, pa bad boy. I'll edit later with the full story on that one. She is alive but spent less time flying than I would have liked today and more time building at the field.

wedoitall

So here is what happened :

It all started with the club auction that's where I picked up the used 330. turns out that the previous owner I think assembled it with CA and crashed which is where you see the stress cracks. I mean I know he crashed the CA is what I'm guessing because the foam was a little yellowish.

The maiden last week went without issue. I thought everything was fine. I change the prop cause I was running the wrong one, I was running a 12 6. I put on a 13 8 as the hobby shop didn't have a 14 7, figured it was safe.

All seemed well took off no issues pulled into it up wind 45 did an Immelman came back turn around drop down 15 feet of the deck when to full throttle and poof, she explode mid air. Airframe won't be going back together due to the ca damage and I'm figuring that is why the ailerons completely separated as the hinges were glued in w ca.

Then next victim, pa bad boy. I'll edit later with the full story on that one. She is alive but spent less time flying than I would have liked today and more time building at the field.

that sucks , i had 2 crashes back to back a couple weeks ago.

im assuming thats a 4315-480 you have in the pic, was curious as to what CC esc can see what amps it is