• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

dskuro95

100cc
Anyone ever fix a joiner on a 70" Slick? I got really low in a harrier and was tail dragging. Plane starting dipping to the right and broke the joiner and pulled the robart hinges out. I know how to do the hinges but IDK what I should do with the joiner???

3dbandit

100cc
Dan,

I wouldn't try and fix the joiner, I would just put in a second elevator servo.

Should you decide that you are going to replace the joiner you will need to unhinge the other elevator and dremel out the joiner from both elevator halves: then just re-assemble with a new joiner the same way you initially installed the elevators. You are going to need to remove the old hinges to do this; I recommend the soldering iron trick.

Last edited by a moderator:

dskuro95

100cc
I talked to a bunch of people and they decided that another elevator servo would be too much weight in the tail. I think I am gonna glue and fiberglass the joiner. Or if I can find a joiner from someone that would be awesome

Dan,

I wouldn't try and fix the joiner, I would just put in a second elevator servo.

Should you decide that you are going to replace the joiner you will need to unhinge the other elevator and dremel out the joiner from both elevator halves: then just re-assemble with a new joiner the same way you initially installed the elevators

gyro

GSN Contributor
I talked to a bunch of people and they decided that another elevator servo would be too much weight in the tail. I think I am gonna glue and fiberglass the joiner. Or if I can find a joiner from someone that would be awesome

Dan, it's electric with a pull pull right? So at this time only one servo in the tail?

3dbandit

100cc

Dan, I had both the 71 and 70 in gas and electric and was able to balance with two elevator servos in the tail.

I may still have an unused joiner that i could send you(i have to look).

You could probably use a piece of fiberglass laminated bass wood as a joiner

Last edited by a moderator: