• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

cwojcik

70cc twin V2
A skunk that has been pulverized by an automobile or some other machinery doesn't just smell like Heineken or certain plants...more like a rotten eggs, raw onions, and misery.

quadracer

100cc
Yea, I don't mind the smell- at a distance. The closer you get, it becomes hard to breathe. I trapped one once, and it sprayed after I shot it. Had to dig it out of the trap..... Tie a rope to the trap, that way you can drag it into a pond and drown it.

wedoitall

Renea's grandpa had one as a pet years ago. Somehow they made it not spray. Said it was really good pet.

Hillbillys have crazy pets sometimes.

But yea up close the smell is horrible.

Manta

70cc twin V2
I had a baby skunk as a pet years ago. Really cool little buggar. Had been deskunked but still has an odor. I figured with time it might ease. Nocturnal little brat. I left some chicken bones from kfc on the railing one night. Lil brat got up there an knocked it off. Then got into argument with the dog on who owns the bones after it hit the floor. No more skunk

gyro

GSN Contributor
I got most of the smell off, but won't be able to park in the garage for a few weeks...

Heading to the field now, already 80F outside!

Love borrowing the wife's van on fly days!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21372512402.433277.jpg

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
I got most of the smell off, but won't be able to park in the garage for a few weeks...

Heading to the field now, already 80F outside!

Love borrowing the wife's van on fly days!
View attachment 9850

Nice on the van full of planes. Yuk on the skunk smell. I had a similar deal with our cow pasture field the day the cows were all in the parking area! Garage smelt like a 4H contest. Have a fun day. Have a few pulls for me.
Stuck in the tube for the rest of the day!

Last edited by a moderator:

dskuro95

100cc
Today I went flying with my dad. I bought the 87" SHP, 70 AJ Slick, 69 QQ Yak, and 58" Edge.

Let me start of with, if you ever have a chance to purchase a 69" QQ yak please do! I have a DLE-20 on mine and this thing rips!. I was doing rollers, harriers, KE, Pop Tops, KE Spins, etc witht his thing! I love it! I put 12 flights on this plane.

On my 3rd flight with my 87" SHP I was practicing IMAc and just got finishd. I wanted to fool around a little bit and I did a pop top. It didn't seem the same so I did a roll and it was really slow. So I did a low pass to find out that my right aileron servo came unscrewed! Luckily the control arm stayed connected so I didn't have to search for an $80 servo.

I did 3 practice flights with my 70" Slick for the 3drc comp at NJ FLI! Smooth buyt need to tweak some things.

On my 7th flight on my 58" Edge I took off and the plane started diving a lot. I luckily was able to land it unharmed. I come to find out the the elevator control horn that was glued to the elevator came loose! Luckily it did not come out!

Back out to fly tomorrow with the guys at GCA!

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Today I went flying with my dad. I bought the 87" SHP, 70 AJ Slick, 69 QQ Yak, and 58" Edge.

Let me start of with, if you ever have a chance to purchase a 69" QQ yak please do! I have a DLE-20 on mine and this thing rips!. I was doing rollers, harriers, KE, Pop Tops, KE Spins, etc witht his thing! I love it! I put 12 flights on this plane.

On my 3rd flight with my 87" SHP I was practicing IMAc and just got finishd. I wanted to fool around a little bit and I did a pop top. It didn't seem the same so I did a roll and it was really slow. So I did a low pass to find out that my right aileron servo came unscrewed! Luckily the control arm stayed connected so I didn't have to search for an $80 servo.

I did 3 practice flights with my 70" Slick for the 3drc comp at NJ FLI! Smooth buyt need to tweak some things.

On my 7th flight on my 58" Edge I took off and the plane started diving a lot. I luckily was able to land it unharmed. I come to find out the the elevator control horn that was glued to the elevator came loose! Luckily it did not come out!

Back out to fly tomorrow with the guys at GCA!

Wow, what a day! I thought about flying today! :( While being stuck in the tube dodging thunderstorms! Does it make sense to have a sticker on the jet that says "I'd rather be flying"? RC that is!!!:rolleyes:
Sounds like you had a couple close calls to good saves. Have fun tomorrow, don't forget the lock tight and CA!