• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
I didn't fly today... but I did manage to re-hinge the rudder on my 70 slick, drill a prop, and tune up the throws. I noticed the elevator throw looked a little unimpressive... come to find out I was only getting 40 degrees. I was able to increase it a little to around 46 degrees up and 50 down. I think I'll be able to tell a pretty big difference when I fly it again.

jmart95

70cc twin V2
Anybody flown a Radiocraft 35% Staudacher? We have one laying around(beautiful plane too, the guy who built it was a Top Gun builder/competitor) but we need to get new servos for it. I know it used to be one of the best planes in its day, but I'm sure things have changed. Just wondering if it's even worth trying to set it up as a 3d'er or just just get it going as my IMAC plane for next year? Not sure how 3d capable it is, it's pretty light(25 pounds for a 103.5 in. wingspan) and decently sized control surfaces. thoughts?

3dNater

Anybody flown a Radiocraft 35% Staudacher? We have one laying around(beautiful plane too, the guy who built it was a Top Gun builder/competitor) but we need to get new servos for it. I know it used to be one of the best planes in its day, but I'm sure things have changed. Just wondering if it's even worth trying to set it up as a 3d'er or just just get it going as my IMAC plane for next year? Not sure how 3d capable it is, it's pretty light(25 pounds for a 103.5 in. wingspan) and decently sized control surfaces. thoughts?

pics?

3dNater

Right now it's crated up from our last move, and I just went through a ton of pictures, can't find it. If I can find a mouse I'll check on our old computer, may have some on there. I'll keep looking though, got nothing better to do

I did a google search and found results on some other forums where people asked the same question. One guy said it would 3d with the best... other ppl weren't quite that kind. It sounds like it can do at least some 3d though. I'm really interested to see some pics of the surfaces etc.

jmart95

70cc twin V2
I did a google search and found results on some other forums where people asked the same question. One guy said it would 3d with the best... other ppl weren't quite that kind. It sounds like it can do at least some 3d though. I'm really interested to see some pics of the surfaces etc.

Hmm, I'll try and find our pics. I just watched a video on youtube of a radiocraft extra doing some good rollers, and a little bit of upright and inverted harriers, so that's a good sign. The video is 5 years old, so it's all high alpha 3d, none of the fun high energy stuff, so hopefully it won't get snappy doing snakes and what not. I may have to try some SFG's on it. At the very least, if their staudacher flies anything like the extra, it'll be a whole lot better than my EF 50cc extra

here's the video
[video]www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxPe6F3aEhA[/video]

3dNater

Hmm, I'll try and find our pics. I just watched a video on youtube of a radiocraft extra doing some good rollers, and a little bit of upright and inverted harriers, so that's a good sign. The video is 5 years old, so it's all high alpha 3d, none of the fun high energy stuff, so hopefully it won't get snappy doing snakes and what not. I may have to try some SFG's on it. At the very least, if their staudacher flies anything like the extra, it'll be a whole lot better than my EF 50cc extra

Gee if you don't like an EF extra I'm not sure what it will take to satisfy you ;) You can send it to me :D