• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

jmart95

70cc twin V2
Gee if you don't like an EF extra I'm not sure what it will take to satisfy you ;) You can send it to me :D

It's their older Extra, and with a 50cc it's way underpowered and snappy. It's also got a really bad throttle delay(after flying all electrics, instincts kicked in), which got me at Nall on a tail touch. I know I'd be happier with their newer one. My 48 in. laser flies smoother than it. Not to mention, I did a few low ke passes at about eye level, and at full throttle and full rudder deflection it was flying straight and level, no room for error with it. Proportionally the elevator and rudder are bigger on the Staudacher than the EF Extra, I'm going to go with my gut feeling that it'll fly better too. It's definitely not going to be a crazy 3d monster, but we'll see what it can do.

dskuro95

100cc
multiple exciting flights with the qq yak. I was doing low harriers and touching the hay. The first time i touched a big bush. Then I went to low and rather then chancing snapping out of a pull out I just softly nput it in the weeds with no damage. Then I was doing it again and I was about to do a pop top when I deadsticked. Had no chance but to try in put it in the hay. I broke the landing gear out and a piece of the motor box. It will be good to fly again tomorrow. Video to come.

Manta

70cc twin V2
Well,sold off my most prized possessions today in New Jersey. I think they went to great homes tho. Was awesome to put some faces and hand shakes with a few of the forum buddies. Thankyou guys for helping me and i sincerely hope you guys enjoy those planes as much as i did. I will rebuild one day. For now,the 65 vyper will get lots of time. Its a favorite also. Only plane that I think hovers easier than my slicks. KE has no match.,Harrier,when figured out is so satisfying it is crazy. The long trudge to Ga begins tomorrow. :(

gyro

GSN Contributor
Well,sold off my most prized possessions today in New Jersey. I think they went to great homes tho. Was awesome to put some faces and hand shakes with a few of the forum buddies. Thankyou guys for helping me and i sincerely hope you guys enjoy those planes as much as i did. I will rebuild one day. For now,the 65 vyper will get lots of time. Its a favorite also. Only plane that I think hovers easier than my slicks. KE has no match.,Harrier,when figured out is so satisfying it is crazy. The long trudge to Ga begins tomorrow. :(

Drive safe Matt. Glad you were able to find the right homes for your planes... they will live on. Hang in there.

njswede

150cc

It was great to finally meet you. We're all keeping you in our thoughts and prayers and I promise to take good care of the Slick (in other words huck the living daylights out of her). Safe travels back to GA.

Manta

70cc twin V2
NJ turnpike sitting still. Sucks. Was gonna go back 95 to see washington but good grief. Plotting course to 81

Manta

70cc twin V2
It was great to finally meet you. We're all keeping you in our thoughts and prayers and I promise to take good care of the Slick (in other words huck the living daylights out of her). Safe travels back to GA.

Good to meet you too man. Enjoy the plane. I sure have.