• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

Ahblair4

70cc twin V2
Anyone know the Decibel level of a stock DLE 35?

We just found out I got a job offer in Las Vegas that I am accepting. A club nearby one of our perspective living areas has a 98 DB limit at 25 ft. I am wondering if my stock setup is going to work or if I need to start looking at quieter mufflers. Of course... if we live on the other side of town I don't have to worry about it... naturally the muffler choice has a large bearing on where we decide to live :p j/k :D

Awesome! The north field has day restrictions on gas. Just be aware of that. Gas Mon-Thu 8:00am-1:00pm all day Friday and Saturday.

aronph

70cc twin V2
That would drive me batschitt crazy....a noise ordinance on an RC feild?! I would be flying somewhere else. Go up 15 to North Vegas. Plenty of desert up there....or anywhere around Vegas for that matter

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
That would drive me batschitt crazy....a noise ordinance on an RC feild?! I would be flying somewhere else. Go up 15 to North Vegas. Plenty of desert up there....or anywhere around Vegas for that matter

Come to the Northeast [MENTION=139]aronph[/MENTION]! We have clubs here loaded with "sound Nazis". Rather than dealing directly with sound complainers and working out issues we have some clubs willing to have members spend LOADs of money chasing ever changing restrictions with varying meters. It ridiculous.

3dbandit

100cc
I read these noise restriction posts and they remind me how fortunate I am, not having these restrictions at any of my local fields. (Although I sometimes wish some of the planes at my field were quieter...)