• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
I feel the 98 db restriction is plenty generous... I might think about piping it for more power though! Btw... that field is in North Las Vegas on the very edge of town.

We really only have a "serious" noise issue at one club and several others that are freaked out about the fallout from that club and the few of us that fly large gassers. If we at least show some interest in quieting the plane, that seems to go a long way to placating them. Running straights is what gets us in trouble. My DA-70 and EME-60 smoked are the two planes that get a lot of ire.

AKfreak

150cc
I finally got my da5o lined out. I bought it used, and the carb needed rebuilding, the reeds were bad, the exhaust had leaks and made a huge mess on the cylinder. New everything, and a good tune up, she seems to run much better. I am not ripping the prop static (22x8 XOAR sword) ill get it to the field and do my final tune up.

I finally got my da5o lined out. I bought it used, and the carb needed rebuilding, the reeds were bad, the exhaust had leaks and made a huge mess on the cylinder. New everything, and a good tune up, she seems to run much better. I am not ripping the prop static (22x8 XOAR sword) ill get it to the field and do my final tune up.

I know with a DLE-55 that a Falcon 23x9 is a wonderful prop. Xoar 23x8 wood has also been good to me and another pilot up here. Since the DLE is essentially a copy of the DA, I would expect the same props to work.

In the Mej world, 23x8 evo is the prop to beat.