• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

Bipenut53

150cc
Daniel is not only a fantastic RC pilot but what a great person too! I spent a little time with him a couple years ago at the Wenatchee huckfest, truly a very nice person! I wish him the best in chasing his dream! Have fun at the beach Mike!!

Bipenut53

150cc
Almost lost my new 91" EF Extra today

Ok so my heart is back where it should be now but on my last flight with my 91" EF Extra 300 was a bit scary. I was flying moderate speed about 30 feet above the ground straight and level. All of a sudden it did a half roll without input from me. I landed immediately!! As I taxied back to the pitts I noticed the right aileron hanging down and I grabbed it with the power still on and I coulod move the aileron freely. I looked inside and found the extension for the right aileron backed out of the receiver. I took off the canopy and pushed it back in and it worked just fine. I didnt fly it any more because I want to tie both aileron extensions in place. I thought I had everything solid but I see I was WRONG!!! Here is a picture of the receiver and servo wire set up I have:

007.JPG

Any other suggestions would be welcome!!

YellowJacketsRC

70cc twin V2
Ok so my heart is back where it should be now but on my last flight with my 91" EF Extra 300 was a bit scary. I was flying moderate speed about 30 feet above the ground straight and level. All of a sudden it did a half roll without input from me. I landed immediately!! As I taxied back to the pitts I noticed the right aileron hanging down and I grabbed it with the power still on and I coulod move the aileron freely. I looked inside and found the extension for the right aileron backed out of the receiver. I took off the canopy and pushed it back in and it worked just fine. I didnt fly it any more because I want to tie both aileron extensions in place. I thought I had everything solid but I see I was WRONG!!! Here is a picture of the receiver and servo wire set up I have:

View attachment 34312

Doesn't the plug fit into the RX VERY snug? If it fit like mine do, I would think that you likely pulled it part way out prior to the flight.

If it does fit tight, then I would not worry too much. But it does look like you have enough length that you could zoo tie the servo extension wire to the former alongside those other servo wires that are tied there. That would prevent the servo wire from flopping around and pulling on the RX side of the Zip Tie. You could also get some of those tiny plastic wire clips that are mounted with double sided tape. Thetas work well for me.

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Doesn't the plug fit into the RX VERY snug? If it fit like mine do, I would think that you likely pulled it part way out prior to the flight.

If it does fit tight, then I would not worry too much. But it does look like you have enough length that you could zoo tie the servo extension wire to the former alongside those other servo wires that are tied there. That would prevent the servo wire from flopping around and pulling on the RX side of the Zip Tie. You could also get some of those tiny plastic wire clips that are mounted with double sided tape. Thetas work well for me.

If you are still troubled by it. Try a little bit of Welders or Foam tack at the edge of the Rx/ servo connection point. Definitely zip tie the slack everywhere. Slack and slip in your wires are easily susceptible to vibration. You'd be shocked how much vibration thee is in there. I'm going to throw a camera inside and post the vid this season. Almost scared to see it.

HornetNZ

50cc
I packed up all my rc parts & tools in the basement last night. And drove my nearly-finished 30cc GeeBee R3 to a friends house for safe keeping until the house sells. I wont be flying much more than a foamie for the next month. :crying:

Bipenut53

150cc
Yes the connectors fit very snug in the receiver, and I dont believe that I pulled it out during assembly at the field. I will be tieing the extensions to the former that the other extensions are tied to. Thanks guys

vegasking

70cc twin V2

View attachment 34312

I would suggest tying down all your servo leads and extensions to avoid this problem due to them vibrating and flopping around during flight.

10984270_1011067298906703_2932776457398441189_n.jpg