• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429802715.512759.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1429802727.850571.jpg

Not to confuse but here a couple more solutions. Basement- towel Rod and modified and taped hangars. Good up to 60" balsa. Foamies on pipe.
Garage- T hangar from HD or Lowes, 78" extra hangs on strap slings with pipe insulation. 60" has room on top. Building 60" MXS. Should fit on opposite side on top. Will install another for 91" extra being built.
Hope it helps Nate.

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
View attachment 34347View attachment 34348

Not to confuse but here a couple more solutions. Basement- towel Rod and modified and taped hangars. Good up to 60" balsa. Foamies on pipe.
Garage- T hangar from HD or Lowes, 78" extra hangs on strap slings with pipe insulation. 60" has room on top. Building 60" MXS. Should fit on opposite side on top. Will install another for 91" extra being built.
Hope it helps Nate.

Nice!!! And I must say nice selection of planes!

dth7

Thanks, the 60 MXS 91 Extra and Stinger 90 are still in boxes. Boys gotta do some buildin! The E Flite T34 PTS was donated to the club as a trainer by Matt (Enterprise). It's a great intro plane at fly ins. Thanks again Matt.

Last edited by a moderator:
You are the one that fixed it back up though as it needed some love. When I get back you just need to bring that MXS over and we can assemble it in like 4 hours.

Here is my airplane storage system. Garage shelving from lowes/home depot with pipe insulation. This is the back wall of my garage.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429840549.797635.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429840581.363275.jpg

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Where are those shelf brackets from? I could never find any longer than like 16".

I think Home Depot had some that were something like 25" long. But I just got a standard 16" bracket and fitted a piece of PVC pipe over it, cut a slot along the bottom of the pipe and shoved it on. It's definitely sturdy enough.

3dNater

Any chance you could find a link to the shelving system you used? I really like that.

You are the one that fixed it back up though as it needed some love. When I get back you just need to bring that MXS over and we can assemble it in like 4 hours.

Here is my airplane storage system. Garage shelving from lowes/home depot with pipe insulation. This is the back wall of my garage.

View attachment 34359

View attachment 34360

Last edited by a moderator:

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Oh the joys of owning an 04 650 dual sport with 32K on the odometer...

This weekend it's valve shims that needed to be replaced to get proper clearances, next weekend it's timing chain tensioner lever replacement time, then after that I need to get a new piston/rings inside of it because it eats oil at a pretty decent rate right now. I have no idea if any of this will fix my not wanting to start/idle problem :rolleyes:

The things we do to have fun... :banana:

syzyguy

50cc
Ahh bike maintenance ... I am with ya [MENTION=3822]Xpress[/MENTION]. It is almost warm enough to commute in Northern AZ if you have heated gear. I took every Friday off for the next 3 months ... soooo today I'm getting one bike ready for the next track day and the other gets a new oil pan after whacking the bolt off jumping a curb to avoid a derpy cager.