• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Well Gents, I need info on the best way to hang up my airplanes in the garage. I want to put them on the wall, probably hanging by the gear. Thoughts?

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Gear would be my second choice but should work. My brother did this with his birds and it turned out great.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429751105.386302.jpg

YellowJacketsRC

70cc twin V2
I hang mine by the stab. I buy these "hooks" with foam on them from Home Depot. They screw into the wall (where a joist is). They come in several sizes and shapes.

3dNater

I was thinking, because it is a gasser, I want to hang it with the engine up. That is why I was thinking gear.

YellowJacketsRC

70cc twin V2
piece of 4x4 material screwed into the wall stud at about 5 or 6' high. Another piece of 4x4 material screwed into the next nearest wall stud at same height. I small strip of 1 x 2 material screwed into to each of the two 4x4 "anchors". Now you have a "ledge" where you can let the wheel pants slide under the 1x2 strip and let the LG rest on the 1x2.

Well Gents, I need info on the best way to hang up my airplanes in the garage. I want to put them on the wall, probably hanging by the gear. Thoughts?

This is what I did. I made it out of a few bucks worth of PVC pipe and fittings. Though I usually keep it on a stand on the floor now because I fly it a lot.

Marc

Edge 4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

3dNater

I ended up using bungee chords hung from some little coat hangars I had kicking around. You know, the kind with a couple of holes you can mount anywhere? I never had to leave the house and I have planes hanging from the wall. Thanks for the suggestions guys. I may build me a nice pvc hanger again sometime (I have done it before) but for now this is going to work.

3dNater

This is what I did. I made it out of a few bucks worth of PVC pipe and fittings. Though I usually keep it on a stand on the floor now because I fly it a lot.

Marc

View attachment 34346

I do really like this one... :D It looks like it would operate way smoother than the solution I ended up going with... I just had to get that stuff out of the way last night or I was going to go nuts lol.