• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
I had a single cab a few years ago that I wish I never sold. I was also the second owner! It looked similar to this one just not as nice. It was a 63 with the split windows in the cab. Crazy to drive but a ton of fun. Before that I had a 67' Ghia with a big motor and wow it screamed. I brought the ghia after selling two 67" Bugs... Yeah I've been into old VW's for awhile.... Lots of fun but I always was working on them.....

IMG_4612_1967_VW_single_cab_copy.jpg

wfahey415

3DRCF Moderator
The wife had a bug in high school. She still loves them to this day but her new love is a Mercedes Benz CLS 550. I have to admit, it is a nice car to drive with gobs of power. (Not that I get to drive it very often)

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
I sold my sweet BMW so I could go down and buy a brand new 330 a few years ago. I was paying cash but because I was wearing torn jeans, tshirt and flip flops the sales team dismissed me even after a test drive. My salesman said I will be right back but after 2 hours and every single sales person including the sale manager never helped me. I got up grabbed the sales manager told him off in front of his entire staff drove 1/2 mile down the street and bought a new mb and was out the door in less than 30 min. I drove back to BMW, honked, gave them the bird as they were looking out the window, turned off traction control and did a donut in their parking lot.

Wow that was a rush and a lot of fun. Unfortunately my frustration got the best of me and I knew it as soon as I saw Made in Mexico on the door card. Yep lots of repairs on that car in the first year. I should have just gone to another BMW dealership.

It was a C230 not the high dollar CLS 550!

clarkj

70cc twin V2
Speaking of that i trade trucks every 1 1/2. -2 years. Ive traded every year at the same dealer til this year. You would think being a repeat customer they would give me the best deal but i got $3500 more for my trade at another dealership that is family owned. I went back and showed then what i bought. They said theres no way i got $3500 more than what they offered me. Theyre so bad they are lying to theirselves i guess!

Bipenut53

150cc
Lol Mike & clarkj ... In my past life, before I bought the RV Park, I was an auto technician for GM dealerships (specifically Chevrolet). I worked for dealerships for about 30 years and over all that time I have seen people like you dressed like you were ignored by the arrogance of sales people. I always loved it when they ignored the wrong people and those people often came back to show what the original sales staff missed out on!! It always made my day!! Sales people in my eyes were always the snakes of the dealership, I have had many shall we say disagreements with them.

syzyguy

50cc
Woo hoo the weekend is here! Lots of flying and playing outside 'cause it is spring!!! ...... errr .. wait ... what? 8" of snow overnight and more falling??? Ugh ... shoulda gone to SC

SnowBro.png

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Basically what happened to me when I was buying my new bike. Went to one dealer, they ran some numbers to me and laid it all out. Went to another dealer to see if I could get it lower because they had a better sticker price- they lied to me through the whole process, wanted me to put more money down, pay a higher insurance premium, wouldn't give me any good rates, and wanted to charge me full retail price, ontop of the freight fees; all because I had a low credit score. They didn't bother to check that I made all of my payments on time religiously and always watch my expenses like a hawk (credit score is low because I missed 3 payments from not having a job at the time- it's not that I missed the payments because I forgot, it's that I couldn't pay them). I should mention they also valued my 04 KLR650 at a whole $50 because it didn't start with the starter. I was able to sell it for a grand a few days later to a group of kids wanting to rebuild it.

Went back to the original dealer who price matched yet another dealers low price without me even asking them to, shopped around for the best rates to hook me up with, shopped around for an awesome insurance rate, and even took off all freight and delivery fees because they had to go pick the bike up from another dealer. Ontop of hooking me up big time for my bad credit score, they threw in a new helmet, a new jacket, and a new pair of gloves as part of the deal, and gave me 20% off my first purchase towards the bike! Oh and they tossed in a free 2 year comprehensive extended warranty contract ontop of the 1 year factory warranty. Needless to say I'm sold on these guys from here on out, and I'd rather drive the half hour to them to shop there than go to either of the other 2 dealers only 5 miles from me.

Also, it's not very often you buy a bike that's so new that none of the guys at the dealer have seen it yet, and you've instantly made everybody envious of your new toy ;):cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

clarkj

70cc twin V2
It made me mad because i bought my first new truck there in '99. The salesman has moved up to general manager since then. He is suoer nice and always speaks to me anywhere we meet. I even had a disagreement with service dept. one time and heard from someone else he told them to never give me any problem because of so many new trucks i had bought there. Thats what shcoked me about not getting a deal this time. I didnt talk to him when i went back in so he may not know whats going on. But one thing you can count on is that i will see him out and explain what happened and then we'll see what he has to say. At this point it really doesnt matter though because this new dealershio is small and come to find out the guy i bought from was the owner. I would have never guessed it.