• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

nebwake

70cc twin V2
I wish it had a nightforce on it but the army likes to keep things as simply confusing as possible and issues out Leupolds. That one was nice as it was a Variable power instead of the old fixed 10x. the problem is that with some of the newer optics out there like NFT are so busy and take some learning, but in the long run are faster than mil dot for correction. I really like the howa's, they are impressive rifles, especially for the money. Someday ill pony up the cash for a nice bolt gun, for now I like my savage tactical and my AR platform guns. I had my eye on a POF, but alas Christmas got too expensive for dad to buy any new toys for himself.

quadracer

100cc
Yeah, once the Millet goes downhill, I'm gonna switch to MOA reticles. I've gotten pretty proficient with both, but MOA is simpler in terms of conversions. It's not that big of a deal to me as I don't have to worry about someone shooting back at me, but if I did, I'd want MOA for simplicity under duress. The Savages are some very nice pieces as well. When I bought the Howa, it was a toss-up between it, and a Savage 110 FCP. I've had Savage rifles before (and love them), but I wanted something different. Next rifle will be a Sako TRG42, chambered in .338 Lapua. It's basically a tank of 72 Extra fuel every time I fire it, but damn I want one soooooooo bad. :D

nebwake

70cc twin V2
For the money nikon makes some awesome glass, I will put my nikons up against Leupolds any day. I wish I could afford NFT but $2k is a little much for me to pony up. You will love the .338, the are so easy for long range correction but they pack a punch on the shoulder and the wallet! I have a few buddies that have them and love the caliber, but they all reload which saves a few bucks.

quadracer

100cc
For the money nikon makes some awesome glass, I will put my nikons up against Leupolds any day. I wish I could afford NFT but $2k is a little much for me to pony up. You will love the .338, the are so easy for long range correction but they pack a punch on the shoulder and the wallet! I have a few buddies that have them and love the caliber, but they all reload which saves a few bucks.
I fear what will happen to ammo prices after recent events.... Might be time to invest in a reloader. As of right now, Federal GMM is cheap enough it isn't worth my time to reload for it. Have you heard of or used SWFA/SuperSniper scopes? They're cheaper than Leupold, and I've not read anything negative of them.

nebwake

70cc twin V2
I actually used to have a super sniper before I switched to nikon. It was a great scope and really good glass for the money. I think that for the casual long range shooter, it is a great option. The only issue I had with mine was that the elevation knob stripped the set screw out but aside from that it always held zero. I am not sure that I would trust it in a combat situation but there are very few scopes that really can hold up to daily abuse like that.

quadracer

100cc
I wouldn't expect the average Bob Swagger Wannabe to be doping multiple times a day, I know I don't. I might pick one of those up next time I go glass shopping.