• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Discussion The I’m Going/Went Flying Thread

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
I watched it at Joe Nall this spring and when they were taxing in a cross wind the plane was constantly tipping over. Doesn't sound like fun to me LOL.

TonyHallo

150cc
Planning to travel to;

Fall Warbirds & Classics Over Fredericksburg​

Located in Virginia on Friday morning, four day event starts tomorrow, I plan to stay on Friday and Saturday, leave early afternoon on Saturday, about a 5 hour ride for me.

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Another long afternoon of flying today. Loving the cooler weather….

Several tanks of fuel were burned just working on approaches and touch and goes. My approaches were way off, I just never knew until recently the club president and I began working together.

BalsaDust

Planning to travel to;

Fall Warbirds & Classics Over Fredericksburg​

Located in Virginia on Friday morning, four day event starts tomorrow, I plan to stay on Friday and Saturday, leave early afternoon on Saturday, about a 5 hour ride for me.
Fredericksburg field is a great place to fly. I thought about attending but the only plane I have that can somewhat count as a warbird is my EF Turbo Bushmaster in the scale Army camo scheme.

TonyHallo

150cc
Flight line at Fredericksburg on Friday. There was a real nice Champ at the opposite end. What a great field. Two runways, there is a pararell runway on the left side of the photo, bathrooms and shower facilities. Great weather as well. Met many nice folks there.
IMG_3518.jpg

I watched Merlyn Graves build this Beechcraft Starship on YouTube many years ago. Before he passed he told his wife to give his RC equipment to his friends. One friend named Thomas ended up with the Starship and his Cessna 310. The Beechcraft was damaged I believe on the maiden flight. Thomas has since reworked the plane and flew it Fredericksburg. Thomas is currently rebuilding Mac Hogges B29.
IMG_3519.jpg

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
Lots of big planes there too it looks like! Is the Champ the Cream and orange one resting on it's nose? pics? Looks massive