• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Discussion The I’m Going/Went Flying Thread

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
Finally did some float flying with the 84" TBM. Very nerve racking at first as the pond I'm flying from at work at its narrowest spot is only 125' wide.
You'll get over it quickly. It's high alpha with flaps down are predictable so you can drag the ends of the floats in the water and then give her a little juice and gently plop it down. It's a great floatplane!

Well did the maiden on the 35cc Skywing slick V3. Interesting plane flies very well and extremely light. Landing is very different it comes in surprisingly fast for some reason, then at the last second before touchdown it slows down very quickly and land’s great but it is something I am going to have to get use to.
like the plane and would recommend it it most.

If you can lower your approach angle it'll be better. The airfoils on these planes are pretty sharp and efficient like a glider wing, so it picks up speed quickly with the nose down. Fly flying location makes it hard to flatten the approach, so I end up putting my planes in a small slip most of the time on approach.