• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The I'm going out flying thread 2016

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Color me JEALOUS Rob, temps at 100 or more(got another week of that crap), and got a nasty summer cold, only thing I'm flying is thermostat, tissue, and computer.
I had those days a month ago, and these temps are extreme for us this time of year. We came back from Nall, and flew with a purpose/vengence, burning fuel like mad, then we hit a BRICK WALL, even last Sun. eve really wasn't fun. Crossing fingers temps will change soon.

It is midnight as I type this and the brick that makes my house still reads 89 degrees. A/C runs all day and this house is well insulated now. The old windows are killing me with the power bill. A/C cycles normally 10 pm through 10 am then the "bake" sale is back on. No. I am not flying:(.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
It is midnight as I type this and the brick that makes my house still reads 89 degrees. A/C runs all day and this house is well insulated now. The old windows are killing me with the power bill. A/C cycles normally 10 pm through 10 am then the "bake" sale is back on. No. I am not flying:(.
Yikes....I don't think I could hang with that heat. I am having a hard time dealing with 80 and above. LOL

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Yikes....I don't think I could hang with that heat. I am having a hard time dealing with 80 and above. LOL

The real killer is the damn humidity. Walked out the back door to shoot that OD wall temp earlier and got smacked right in the face and choked out with the nasty muck. Needless to say I went and sucked on my inhaler a couple of times. Even top athletes complain down here and it is always in the news weather summer advisories.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
The real killer is the damn humidity. Walked out the back door to shoot that OD wall temp earlier and got smacked right in the face and choked out with the nasty muck. Needless to say I went and sucked on my inhaler a couple of times. Even top athletes complain down here and it is always in the news weather summer advisories.

We're going to have one of those hot wet towel to the face days here today too. 90, with the humidity never getting below 70%. I was planning on going flying before the next round of thunderstorms gets here around 1 pm, but they threw in some for this morning as well. Between the wind and rain this has been a bad year for a Sunday morning flyer like me. I have 9 flights total so far.:(

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Got some more Slick time in today. Man I love this little 70" airplane, total blast. :cool:

Fixing to get into a 100CC soon here I hope.............. :epic:

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
The rain and wind this season is putting a big damper on a lot of us flyers. Have fun when we can.

Supposedly we are going to get hit with an El Nino real bad this winter here in slow cal. Tuna Crab have been washing up on the beaches for weeks now, which usually indicates that... Might be a nasty flying season ahead of us here...