• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The I'm going out flying thread 2016

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Another thing I saw at our clubs Warbird and Classics event today was an awesome charger setup. Kelly, one of our club members is the developer of the BumpCharger which is a controller for Revolectrix chargers, mainly the PowerLab 6 and 8 and the Dual PowerLab 8. He and his sons are now doing cases to fit the controller and Revo chargers. It's some pretty cool stuff so I thought I'd share it.
My apologies for the out of frame pictures, but it was so bright I couldn't see the phone screen.

There were even terminals on the back for connecting it to a battery and other inputs and outputs. There was a dual PowerLab 8 in the case with power supplies, bump controller, cooling fans and a Bluetooth tablet for monitoring and setting up the charge.
A link to his page for the cases. http://www.bumpcharger.com/home.html

20160521_114747_resized.jpg

20160521_115603_resized.jpg

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
Maiden flight

Second flight.

I realize I really need to work on my throttle control as I'm blipping the throttle way to much. Also this plane is incredibly stable in a Harrier though it may not look it half the time in these videos. The field I'm at always has a crosswind as well as me getting used to the feel of those servos on 7.4V over the usual 6V so they are crazy fast compared to normal.
was that all shot with a gopro clipped to your hat?