• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The I'm going out flying thread 2016

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
I just got back from our little gravel strip with a weed wacker... got about 70% done when I ran out of wire :cautious:... but I'm getting ready to head out in a few hours and do some long awaited flying myself before it blows 50MPH tonight!!!!!

Yakman

70cc twin V2
I had a great time with my two trainee's this morning. Both are doing well these days. Having fun.

Attachments

• IMG_20161001_085313610.jpg
    IMG_20161001_085313610.jpg
    309.3 KB · Views: 223
  • IMG_20161001_085302852_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20161001_085302852_HDR.jpg
    383.9 KB · Views: 264

kwj48

70cc twin V2
So I put the maiden on the Glitter Jr today. Thank you very much to Chrissypoo (CBarnes) for the airframe. It came out a little nose heavy so I had to move my esc further back to help and I didn't put any landing gear on. AUW is 2 lbs. 10oz. It's lighter than the sbach 35 that I robbed the electronics out of which was 3lbs. +. So far I put about 8 flights on it and it's definitely not a tame bird. This thing will wad itself up quick. One time I did a double snap before I even realized it and it kinda caught me off guard for a bit. All in all if you want something for high energy stuff this it the sh*t. I can't wait until I get out to a little more open area to see how much more wadding up this thing will do.

g 1.JPG
g 2.JPG
g 3.JPG
g 4.JPG

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Weather man promised light breezes in the morning and plenty of sunshine. Looks like another Behemoth Pilot Yak day at the field. Only to be joined by some of the best guys I know. @Shayne Epley will be bringing his new Pilot 35% 330sc, Aaron will be bringing the his Pilot 30% Edge and my friend Tom will be bringing his Pilot 46% Valach 210 smokin' to the healt Decathlon. Hmmm.....Sounds like a "PILOT RC" kind of day!:banana-dance:
20160922_105452.jpg

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Weather man promised light breezes in the morning and plenty of sunshine. Looks like another Behemoth Pilot Yak day at the field. Only to be joined by some of the best guys I know. @Shayne Epley will be bringing his new Pilot 35% 330sc, Aaron will be bringing the his Pilot 30% Edge and my friend Tom will be bringing his Pilot 46% Valach 210 smokin' to the healt Decathlon. Hmmm.....Sounds like a "PILOT RC" kind of day!:banana-dance:
View attachment 89168

How does the Valash compare to The 3w interested in your thoughts. There is a gentleman in our club that flys a Valash 210 but he only flys 2 or the three times a year see the motor once and it is in a big Spacewalker, belive the plane weight is 85 lbs and it flys decent. But the idle sound is just fantastic and real slow love the sound.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
How does the Valash compare to The 3w interested in your thoughts. There is a gentleman in our club that flys a Valash 210 but he only flys 2 or the three times a year see the motor once and it is in a big Spacewalker, belive the plane weight is 85 lbs and it flys decent. But the idle sound is just fantastic and real slow love the sound.
The Valach is a sweet sounding engine. And quiet. Unbelievably quite. Tom had some guru custom build a 2 into 1 canister that sits right behind and below the engine. You would swear it's a Honda Civic idling. Performance speaking, the 3dub has way more than the Valach. But then two stroke verses four stroke. Bottom end grunt is far better than the 3w. He is swinging a 36x14 Menz at just under the rpm of the 3w 210 with a 34x12. The Decathlon weighs in around 70 or so pounds. It flies it really great. It's quite challenged in vertical uplines however. But with smoke on and when it runs out of steam after a couple hundred feet...it looks pretty cool falling back down through the smoke trail it just left. Nice engine. Just not for 3d. Would be superb for precision or IMAC though.

We all had a great time at the field today. Weather was simply gorgeous. Around 70'ish, cloudless sunny skies and very light breeze. (When there was a breeze) Some of the older gents showed up with their nitro burners. One really great guy and friend brought his Stearman powered with a Saito 125. What a gorgeous plane. I almost miss my Saito's. ALMOST! lol.

The big Yak flew so gracefully today. Slow and true rollers were just plane (inserted pun) pretty to watch. I swear, this monster flies so much more accurate and smooth now. Maybe I need to rebuild all my planes huh? NOT! Lol.

Oh how I wish I could fly 24/7/365!