• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The I'm going out flying thread 2016

thurmma

150cc
@thurmma I am so sorry Mark.... Man, that absolutely sucks. To see you loose a big Pilot due to this "INFERIOR" engine, really saddens me. I am just glad I dumped my GP 176 Evo while I still had the chance and before it cost me the Sukhoi.
Yup!!! Second time for the exact same failure to happen. All I have to say is never again. It not only cost me a lot of headaches during the spring and early summer but, now it has cost me an airframe that I truly enjoyed flying. The plane was a blast to fly! Bought it in January of 2013 and have flown the heck out of it ever since :)

thurmma

150cc
I just hate to see one of my Pilot Edge's big brothers bite the big one.
I am still toying with the thought of just getting a new fuselage. The wings are going to get a VERY THOROUGH inspection and if they are both still solid, I may get a fuselage and have fun again. The horizontals and elevators are still in perfect shape along with the landing gear :) We will see what happens in the future. My daughter told me I can't buy an airplane yet, so I think she may have something up her sleeve :) It is my birthday in a few weeks.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
I am still toying with the thought of just getting a new fuselage. The wings are going to get a VERY THOROUGH inspection and if they are both still solid, I may get a fuselage and have fun again. The horizontals and elevators are still in perfect shape along with the landing gear :) We will see what happens in the future. My daughter told me I can't buy an airplane yet, so I think she may have something up her sleeve :) It is my birthday in a few weeks.
Mine is next week, I wish someone in the family would step up and buy me one, but I'm not holding my breath.;)

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
The Yak was "NOTHING" in damage compared to the big Edge. Tony would have to send nearly the entire fuse wood to put that back together. To have a failure of the exacting details to the same engine.... Talk about a swift kick to the
groin-kick-smiley-emoticon.gif
!!!! I talked to Steve at Chief regarding getting a new fuse for the Yak. Due to its size with shipping, it would have been right at $1200.00. I would bet though that the Edge fuse would be considerably less. Perhaps that awesome daughter of yours Mark has a little something up her sleeve as you suggested.
pondering-and-thinking-smiley-emoticon.gif

There is a lot to be said for Pilot RC airframes. I am still toying with the idea of the new 42% Hamilton Edge.

thurmma

150cc
A new fuse with shipping is right at $850. I was looking at the one wing tonight and the wing tube is loose inside the wing so the idea of a fuse is out :( I may wait until the Black Friday sales show up and see what comes around if the LX doesn't work out :)

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
A new fuse with shipping is right at $850. I was looking at the one wing tonight and the wing tube is loose inside the wing so the idea of a fuse is out :( I may wait until the Black Friday sales show up and see what comes around if the LX doesn't work out :)
The wing tube is an easy fix Mark. Here is a thought for you. Buy a new fuse, have Tony send you all the Pre-cut covering for the wing with a loose sleeve. Strip the wing, reglue the sleeve, recover. Easy breezy. Man I wish I lived closer to you. I would take on that task for you in a heart beat. And the only thing I would charge ya is a big hearty smile and a "Tanks pal"!

thurmma

150cc
Thanks for the offer Rob. It looks like the LX deal is going to happen for the same price as the fuse alone so I can't pass that one up. I know it is a 2 owner plane and nothing bad has happened to it :) so it will make a nice backup/play plane.