• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The I'm going out flying thread 2016

ericrs

70cc twin V2
The weather sure has made a turn here. It was almost 70 F out, and almost no wind. I was able to get out and fly for the first time in 2017! :D Was a bit rusty, haven't flown for over 3 months. It sure was a lot of fun!

Attachments

• 2017-01-30 16.40.43.jpg
    2017-01-30 16.40.43.jpg
    778.6 KB · Views: 249

thurmma

150cc
I took my daughter's 61" Extra and the Mini-Banshee out for test runs tonight with the new Hacker motors and WOW is the only word that describes the difference! No more sag after running a little bit with the Extra and unlimited vertical with the Banshee. It was getting way to dark when I flew the Banshee so just a couple of verticals and mostly playing around real close after that. Totally different airplanes than before.

FYI, I replaced a Turnigy 4250-500 with a Hacker A40-V4 on the Extra and an ExceedRC Monster Power 25 870kv with a Hacker A30-14L V3 in the Mini-Banshee. The other motors worked fine but, just didn't have the kick that I am used to with my gas planes. The Extra is running 6S 3300 45C Pulse batteries and the Mini-Banshee is running 4S 2200 45C Pulse batteries.