• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The I'm going out flying thread 2016

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
I took my daughter's 61" Extra and the Mini-Banshee out for test runs tonight with the new Hacker motors and WOW is the only word that describes the difference! No more sag after running a little bit with the Extra and unlimited vertical with the Banshee. It was getting way to dark when I flew the Banshee so just a couple of verticals and mostly playing around real close after that. Totally different airplanes than before.

FYI, I replaced a Turnigy 4250-500 with a Hacker A40-V4 on the Extra and an ExceedRC Monster Power 25 870kv with a Hacker A30-14L V3 in the Mini-Banshee. The other motors worked fine but, just didn't have the kick that I am used to with my gas planes. The Extra is running 6S 3300 45C Pulse batteries and the Mini-Banshee is running 4S 2200 45C Pulse batteries.

Make the best of it flying with your daughters. Have two built both of them a plane but the interest did not last long they loved the simulator but out at the field not so much, one flew for a season and the second half a season and that was it.

thurmma

150cc
Took out the LX tonight after replacing the Proflow canisters with JMB canisters. Wow is the only thing I can say! The sound is awesome and they are quiet. I couldn't believe how quiet they were. the performance is very good. I am swinging a Falcon 30x13 3blade prop and had no problem doing a double snap on a vertical upline. Not bad for a 44.5 lbs plane on canisters :) Short clip to demonstrate the sound at an idle.

pawnshopmike

Staff member
Took out the LX tonight after replacing the Proflow canisters with JMB canisters. Wow is the only thing I can say! The sound is awesome and they are quiet. I couldn't believe how quiet they were. the performance is very good. I am swinging a Falcon 30x13 3blade prop and had no problem doing a double snap on a vertical upline. Not bad for a 44.5 lbs plane on canisters :) Short clip to demonstrate the sound at an idle.

Wow. That baby sounds great!

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Fun weekend, slight issue with the Aerobeez Slick so I had to pull out the Spare airplane ;)

20170205_111950.jpg

I haven't flown in nearly a month until yesterday :eek: