• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The I'm going out flying thread 2016

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Ah, damn. I'm going out flying in 10 hours. Ultimate day. :yesss:
:big_yes:
Purple go to is ready. To Hot inside to work on the 104's servos. Might go out later this afternoon 2-3ish.

What did not show today?

Nope. House gets up to 90 inside during the day but cools off to about 78 at bed time and is rather chilly at 67 or so in the mornings. Have a couple of large window fans pulling air across the house. Looks like Monday or Tuesday:face-palm:.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Went and did my thing at 2-3ish and thankful of the overcast sky today. Had fun.....wanted to hover in close as to cool me off cuz I know I was coming home to a HOT house:(.
Hovering.png

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Well she's ready to huck at Lodi this coming week!!!

12036651_10208562065876052_4031699983022257335_n.jpg

Since my last flight a few weeks ago I've added 37.5% Yak landing gear as well as my dual receiver setup. 2 relatively gentle flights today to test my new receiver setup, all seems to be good so it's time to tighten up the covering and get her looking show quality for next week :mario-banana:

Spats

100cc
:woohoo!:
Well she's ready to huck at Lodi this coming week!!!

View attachment 42025

Since my last flight a few weeks ago I've added 37.5% Yak landing gear as well as my dual receiver setup. 2 relatively gentle flights today to test my new receiver setup, all seems to be good so it's time to tighten up the covering and get her looking show quality for next week :mario-banana:

I wish I was out today. That looks way better now that we finally put that gear on. Prop clearance should be nice on harrier landings:woohoo!:

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Went and did my thing at 2-3ish and thankful of the overcast sky today. Had fun.....wanted to hover in close as to cool me off cuz I know I was coming home to a HOT house:(.
View attachment 42024
Hey Kelly, nice picture. But how come it is so far out. Put that Purple plane above your head.... LOL. I decided this morning that I was going flying and wasn't coming home until I was "flown" out. I unlocked the gate to the field at 9 a.m. and locked it behind me when I left this evening at 5. Yup, was flown out. LOL. I took the Sukhoi out to just do some relaxing flying.... see how I like it over the 260 for IMAC. Man that plane is like silk. I think that will be the one I give that a whirl with. I also took the bigger Purple Edge and let loose with it. Pretty windy out there today, but still a ton of fun. That Pilot Edge is just wicked fun.
:yesss:

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Hey Kelly, nice picture. But how come it is so far out. Put that Purple plane above your head.... LOL. I decided this morning that I was going flying and wasn't coming home until I was "flown" out. I unlocked the gate to the field at 9 a.m. and locked it behind me when I left this evening at 5. Yup, was flown out. LOL. I took the Sukhoi out to just do some relaxing flying.... see how I like it over the 260 for IMAC. Man that plane is like silk. I think that will be the one I give that a whirl with. I also took the bigger Purple Edge and let loose with it. Pretty windy out there today, but still a ton of fun. That Pilot Edge is just wicked fun.
:yesss:

I can't be breaking club rules now. :cautious: lol

I did try and spin it like a fan:pink_epic:.

Does it look closer in here? Can't get nice pics like @Madinpensacola

Last edited: