• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Cool The I'm going out flying thread 2017

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
We're supposed to have a nice day here Sunday. I'm planning on taking my Hangar 9 Extra out. It hasn't been out since the end of August. It was very warm today, in the low 70's, but windy. Sunday they're saying 60 degrees with the wind around 7mph. Fingers crossed.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
The weather has been wonderful past few days but not been able to take advantage. Hopefully Sunday Funday :).

I got 26cc's of Bad Azz needing to let loose :laughing:. Hoping to double it soon :cautious:. Well....Almost double it o_O.

Attachments

• 1124172333-00.jpg
    1124172333-00.jpg
    303.9 KB · Views: 227

ericrs

70cc twin V2
I was able to get out again this afternoon, and fly the Viper again after I got it re balanced. It was a complete different plane. It is real close now, maybe just needs a tiny bit of fine tuning on the balance. I will have to say that the DA 100L I have on the front is a real power house. It has really good pullout from a hoover, a lot better than my PAU Extra with a EME 70. I just need to get some time on the plane to get good and comfortable with it. I am glad I went with the kit version. I have really enjoyed the whole process from start to finish. There is something about being able to fly something that you have built that is very rewarding!

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
The forecast for today is excellent considering it's almost December. Sunny, 61, with light winds. I finally get to test out my new landing gear and carb mods I made to my Hangar 9 Extra 300X. My buddy Tony is bringing his big Carf Sukhoi with the DA200, so it should be a fun day.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
I was able to get out again this afternoon, and fly the Viper again after I got it re balanced. It was a complete different plane. It is real close now, maybe just needs a tiny bit of fine tuning on the balance. I will have to say that the DA 100L I have on the front is a real power house. It has really good pullout from a hoover, a lot better than my PAU Extra with a EME 70. I just need to get some time on the plane to get good and comfortable with it. I am glad I went with the kit version. I have really enjoyed the whole process from start to finish. There is something about being able to fly something that you have built that is very rewarding!

Good see you out and flying, looks like you are going to enjoy the plane. And getting better as you get it fine tuned and setup the way you enjoy it. Keep us informed.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
All I can say is make the best of a good day of flying . There are some of us that are envious of you guys. There is not much time left before the snows starts.
And indeed, we do! Take every opportunity that we can that is . Even though the wind was very minimal this morning, by the time we got to the field it was gusting to 15 almost 18 miles per hour. So maybe a little much for my friends 50cc Pilot Edge, but not so much for my 106cs powered Pilot Edge and most definitely not for the 222cc PAU Edge of my sons. It was kind of fun being able to literally stop my plane in midair and have it just hang there in a picturesque non-moving picture. A little bit of wind sailing and down range blowing torque rolls had me going the whole time. All in all, we had a really good time this morning.
20171126_130035.jpg

Last edited: