• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Sport The Kool Kanary (Giant Hot Kanary)

Bjp

New to GSN!
Hello folks, I haven't really been back to this thread too much as my build has started to take a life of its own, even if it has been a bit sporadic. But I must say its been a great help to start for sure. Today I was hoping for some news from bipe guy, don't know if any of you guys know him personally but hope he is ok. Thought I might post up a pick hopefully to encourage/ incentivse him with an update, I'm enjoying the process but still a way off completion yet and would love to see his beautiful model flown n commented on, you know help keep the enthusiasm up, well hoping all is well, regards Brendan

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    186.5 KB · Views: 487
Looks great Brendan. Any details on your build? Bipeguy seems to just have ghosted. Hope he's ok too. I have a short kit from lazerworks for this plane. I hope to get around to building it soon.

Regards,
Tony

pawnshopmike

Staff member
Hello folks, I haven't really been back to this thread too much as my build has started to take a life of its own, even if it has been a bit sporadic. But I must say its been a great help to start for sure. Today I was hoping for some news from bipe guy, don't know if any of you guys know him personally but hope he is ok. Thought I might post up a pick hopefully to encourage/ incentivse him with an update, I'm enjoying the process but still a way off completion yet and would love to see his beautiful model flown n commented on, you know help keep the enthusiasm up, well hoping all is well, regards Brendan

Awesome job brother. :yesss:

I’m not sure what’s up with @Bipeguy03 . Sure do miss him and hope he’s okay.

Bjp

New to GSN!
Thanks fellas! Don't want to derail the awesome work here by bipe03, hope he's back soon.

I guess I just cut n stuck n let things fall into place. Tail pieces, wings, then fuse, it's been on n off as the bad weather hits, actually got to fly last weekend which was nice.

I can see why bipeguys grandad? extended the firewall n hence cowl down a 1/2 inch, just cleans up the transition, bit abrupt otherwise. I have the cowl from fibreglass specialities that matches the plan.
Just looking at the plan I decided to take the ply landing plate all the way through to the firewall, rather than using balsa between, hopefully to strengthen up that area. It meant using a 3/4 inch ply plate n having to shape it. Other than that I haven't changed anything else really, definitely decided to follow bipe' method with the ailerons, cutting them free from the wing.
The whole idea came about because I picked up a quadra but unfortunately it really was a bit big, a 42? I think, so I just bought a cheap eme 35, prob a kg lighter. My friend had the plan and with no other direction I thought why not, it's pretty straight forward. I'll just be covering with film. He bought a couple of cowls but I don't think he has committed yet.
I've been working on the layout in the nose lately, because the eme linkages/carb is at the back of the motor, it needs to be sorted before the top piece is glued in. Well hope your flying season is going well on that side of the world n bipeguy makes a long awaited reappearance soon, cheers Brendan