• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale The Naked Truth of Covering a Plane

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
When I recovered my 3DHS Exra I didn't get the leading edge of the green hot enough (Ultracote). It was lapped over the white because doing it the other (correct) way let the green show through the white. Anyway, on maiden it blew off, scared the crap outta me, but I got it back down. Fortunately the graphics weren't applied yet!

Redid the covering, ironed it all down REALLY well and sealed the seams with clear nail polish. Never had another problem with the covering in 4 years.....not counting wadding it up in a cornfield. :confused:
DSC04370.jpg

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
When I recovered my 3DHS Exra I didn't get the leading edge of the green hot enough (Ultracote). It was lapped over the white because doing it the other (correct) way let the green show through the white. Anyway, on maiden it blew off, scared the crap outta me, but I got it back down. Fortunately the graphics weren't applied yet!

Redid the covering, ironed it all down REALLY well and sealed the seams with clear nail polish. Never had another problem with the covering in 4 years.....not counting wadding it up in a cornfield. :confused:
View attachment 8587
Wadding doesn't count. LOL