• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
More shop time today. Ceiling is almost finished, it takes me almost 2 hours to hang two 12' beams, cross tees, tiles and insulate. In other words, I got 6'x24' of ceiling done and called it a day. Lots of climbing on and off the scaffolding, locking and unlocking the wheels, etc.

And I don't care about the lights. They are bright and that's enough for me.

IMG-1390.jpg

IMG-1389.jpg

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Looking good. It’s amazing when looking at your roof structure how different the building codes are From one location to another. Snow loading must not be a big concern in your area.

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Snow? Haven't seen it in years. We bury our water lines at 14". Far north USA is 60"? Edit, I forgot you're Canadian, 1.5 meters. How deep do you bury your water lines?

BalsaDust

Have done a good bit of work in fusion 360 this week during my lunch breaks working towards the conversion of this old Kraft radio. Here I have the case of it modeled and I have designed an adapter plate to use the modern gimbals as well as digital trims from my taranis. Been quite a lot of fun so far and I’m happy with the results. I have already 3D printed the first test piece of the adapter and it showed me a couple places I need to adjust slightly. More progress next week.

BalsaDust

Best day ever yesterday. My daughter had asked a few months back on a camping trip if she could help build an airplane. When we got home I got this glider kit out and told her it is her plane that we will build. Yesterday we finally got started on it.
Here is everything to get started. She went to the store with me to pick out the piece of foam to build on, the glue (minus the CA that I have a ton of), and the push pins.
1.jpg

Taping the Stab plans down to the build surface.
2.jpg

Found the center section pieces and laying them out.
3.jpg

Painting the glue onto the edges with first two pieces already pinned down.
4.jpg

Look at that concentration.
6.jpg

Perimeter is completed and she is very proud of herself.
8.jpg