• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
I spent some time examining and looking at my mill. This is a beast of a machine. I learned today what most knobs and levers are for. Some of them I've never really looked at.

IMG-2049.jpg

IMG-2046.jpg

IMG-2048.jpg

BalsaDust

Next project underway. With how tight it is getting a pair of 6S packs in there to make the 12S setup I'm going to sell the XPWR setup and go with the new T-motor setup that is designed to be 6S. So anyone need a XPWR 30cc with standoffs and Castle ESC?

Attachments

• IMG_6065.jpeg
    IMG_6065.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 110
  • IMG_7239.jpeg
    IMG_7239.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 92
  • IMG_7242.jpeg
    IMG_7242.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 110
  • IMG_7254.jpeg
    IMG_7254.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 115

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
I figured out my tv password today! Tried for a year or 2 to reconnect to the (wrong) network but always gave up and just used my phone. This tv had to remember what to do.......

Attachments

• 1695505735248632835936.jpg
    1695505735248632835936.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 116

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Ok thought this would be the best place to ask.
Fixing a plane again and trying to decide how the run the overflow pipe off the gas tank down through the bottom of the fuselage.
Ok the question is do I face the pipe straight down. Or
Face the out let of the pipe towards the back. Or
Face the out let of the pipe towards the front.
I can give you a good reason for all three why it should or should not be done. Would like to know your thoughts.
A. Towards the back the air streaming by can siphon the fuel from the tank ?
B. Towards the front the air can pressurize the tank. ?
C. Straight down don’t know what it will do the tank.?
Be interested to hear your thoughts.

pawnshopmike

Staff member
Ok thought this would be the best place to ask.
Fixing a plane again and trying to decide how the run the overflow pipe off the gas tank down through the bottom of the fuselage.
Ok the question is do I face the pipe straight down. Or
Face the out let of the pipe towards the back. Or
Face the out let of the pipe towards the front.
I can give you a good reason for all three why it should or should not be done. Would like to know your thoughts.
A. Towards the back the air streaming by can siphon the fuel from the tank ?
B. Towards the front the air can pressurize the tank. ?
C. Straight down don’t know what it will do the tank.?
Be interested to hear your thoughts.
Wherever there’s a solid surface to drill a hole through is where I’d put it. Just don’t kink the hose and it will work just fine. Leave it hang out about an inch or two. No rocket science involved. Just a place for the fuel to go besides inside the fuselage when it overflows while filling the tank.

Last edited: