• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

@Jetpainter @49dimes

Its mounted up. Fortunately for me, I dont have to be up at 5a for work.

But Im gonna be busting my hump tomorrow. New entry door for my garage, edging the walks, and 2 new kitchen light fixtures, then take the one out of the kitchen and put it in the hallway. Doubt I get that all done by 4p tomorrow.

I dont have much planned for Sat, so I can finish things up. :)

Attachments

• 20160526_181504.jpg
    20160526_181504.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 212

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
View attachment 81589 View attachment 81590

. . . . Started working on the covering for the next slab in the line up to be covered. Angled checkers are a royal PIA to get everything lined up right but man the results are worth it.

Hey Chris, I watched my buddy cover one of the wings on his Pitts M12 that had a checkerboard pattern on the bottom. He put down two layers of blue tape along the line he wanted the squares on. That gave him an edge to put the black square up against. Then he marked the tape to locate the squares in the other direction. Of course it isn't much help on a small wing like your profile. I just thought I'd throw that out there.

Decal Dennis

TEAM EP&G
I ran a 1/4" drill bit into my hand once. I was working on a Ford so of course it was the cars fault.;)

I was drilling a prop out once in the drill press.....bit bound in the prop, things went haywire....somehow ended up drilling into my thumb in the middle of the nail. I won't go into anymore detail as this is a PG-13 site

BalsaDust

Hey Chris, I watched my buddy cover one of the wings on his Pitts M12 that had a checkerboard pattern on the bottom. He put down two layers of blue tape along the line he wanted the squares on. That gave him an edge to put the black square up against. Then he marked the tape to locate the squares in the other direction. Of course it isn't much help on a small wing like your profile. I just thought I'd throw that out there.

That's the way I do it when I do small Chex. But on big one like this I like to save weight. So insted of covering the whole th get in white and then laying the black Chex down over top of it they are all individual pieces that are put together over glass then moved to the wing. Here is a video of how I do it of course this isn't Chex in the video but it gives you the idea.

sweetpea

100cc
So far both my middle fingers are still a little numb at the tips. Probably some nerve damage.

I may try to go flying this weekend though. I'll be starting my plane with a paint roller for now.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
I made it into the workshop last night for a little more organizing. Then I thought out the plate I need to make for my fuel jug for mounting my new pump and battery.