• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

Worked a bit on the FW. I ended up buying an EME 70 for the FW. Finished 1 wing, and was setting up the flap servos, and a ended up cooking a Savox 0253. So, I replaced it with a 1267. I think Im gonna do the same thing to the other flap on the other wing.

Im thinking on the 70 about going with a 23x10 or a 22x12 2B prop....... I dont need the down low performance for a 24x8 or 9 prop. Then to come up with a spinner for it too.

ericrs

70cc twin V2
Well I finally had some time to work on the Viper tonight. The last month has been really crazy with work, and some other things that have been taking all my time. I got my wing bolts in the mail today, so I was able to get them installed tonight. I drilled and tapped the holes for the threaded studs, and hardened them with thin foam safe CA. They screwed in nice and snug. I then finished up the landing gear by permanently bolting it on with nylock nuts, and then put my bling wheels on.:D I really like them White Rose wheels.:D

Attachments

• 2017-02-21 20.36.09.jpg
    2017-02-21 20.36.09.jpg
    183.7 KB · Views: 186
  • 2017-02-21 20.34.09.jpg
    2017-02-21 20.34.09.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 197
  • 2017-02-21 20.34.23.jpg
    2017-02-21 20.34.23.jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 200
  • 2017-02-21 21.16.22.jpg
    2017-02-21 21.16.22.jpg
    279.3 KB · Views: 210

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Well I finally had some time to work on the Viper tonight. The last month has been really crazy with work, and some other things that have been taking all my time. I got my wing bolts in the mail today, so I was able to get them installed tonight. I drilled and tapped the holes for the threaded studs, and hardened them with thin foam safe CA. They screwed in nice and snug. I then finished up the landing gear by permanently bolting it on with nylock nuts, and then put my bling wheels on.:D I really like them White Rose wheels.:D
Very nice. Looks too pretty to fly.:way_to_go:

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
You finally got to work on the Viper again. I used the same wing connected from Scraft nice stuff. Well you are making headway again. And yes he does make nice wheels. On mine I tried Air Man wheels for a change and they are also very nice.

BalsaDust

I have been slowly working on framing up a bunch of profiles and then will begin the covering party to get them all ARF'ed up. Also got a Taranis Plus XD9 recently so I have been playing with learning the programming on that. Its a lot to learn but the capabilities of the radio are unreal. Add on top of that I just installed DevWing and a CAD software on my laptop so I can start designing my planes with technology instead of pencil, paper, and rulers.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Well I am looking for a new project. Unrolled the drawings of the GP 60 super Sportster. Sat looking at it for quite a while and as usual the first things you come up with is, Ok move the wheels from the wings to the fuselage. Ok put a wing tube in the wings, man the ailerons look small. And just keep on criticizing the plane. So after doing that for a while rolled up the drawings and put it all back in the box and put it away for a while again.

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
. . . . . . Add on top of that I just installed DevWing and a CAD software on my laptop so I can start designing my planes with technology instead of pencil, paper, and rulers.

Hey @BalsaDust,

What's wrong with pencils, papas and rulers? When I started drawing, that was the only choice I had. . . . . . . :laughing:

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Installed a new trailer hitch on the airplane hauler tonight. Holy crap I would like to punch the designer of this thing in the face, it kicked my rear the whole time putting it in!!! 45 minutes to install they claim and being a bolt in assembly. Well after 2 hours I was finally ready to start tightening all of the nuts down :oblong:

16904582_10213049439617591_3042768450453609286_o.jpg

But it's in now :D