• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Well I am looking for a new project. Unrolled the drawings of the GP 60 super Sportster. Sat looking at it for quite a while and as usual the first things you come up with is, Ok move the wheels from the wings to the fuselage. Ok put a wing tube in the wings, man the ailerons look small. And just keep on criticizing the plane. So after doing that for a while rolled up the drawings and put it all back in the box and put it away for a while again.
Remember that info. I promised? Here it is: https://www.facebook.com/pilotrcmodel/
You'll have to scroll down a bit, but it is there. The 107" 330LX
https://www.facebook.com/pg/pilotrcmodel/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1309125809146596

Last edited:

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Thanks for that the plane looks very interesting but do not like the covering scheme at all. I would have to strip it and redo it.
I am in agreeance with you. Mark and I were looking at it this morning. I think it would be a great Precision plane. However I don't care much for either of the color schemes. I am checking into seeing if I can purchase it in the Bare Bones.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
I am in agreeance with you. Mark and I were looking at it this morning. I think it would be a great Precision plane. However I don't care much for either of the color schemes. I am checking into seeing if I can purchase it in the Bare Bones.

I gree with you but I did not know that pilot sold his plans with no covering. Do you have to order it directly from pilot or how do do it.

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
28b4e870b4c46366629214df8eaa9665.jpg

Been working on the acrocub... the finish line is near!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BalsaDust

You can do some fun stupid stuff with those little value hobby foamies especially the cub since it has big ole tires on it. You going 3S or 2S setup??

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
Going 3S, guessing it will be overkill for a little foam bush plane ha

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
When you've been buying 6s lipos and come across these cute little 3S babies... cheap... why go 2S right!?!

BalsaDust

Lol. I don't fly anything electric that needs bigger than 4S 2200mah. After that I will bolt a piped 46 or 55ax on the nose.