• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

Oh wow I love the Kadet Senior. I had one for years and I absolutely loved that plane. Mine had ailerons and flaps. I flew it with a OS 56 four-stroke. It would fly forever on the 16oz tank. I still think of building another one some day. I might go electric this time or maybe one of the new tiny gas engines.

Decal Dennis

TEAM EP&G
Got my cowl and wing struts installed on the Grasshopper tonight. That's two more items off the check list.:)
I have to remember to grab a 9" prop tomorrow. Everything I had in the hangar was too big or too small. Hoping I can wrap this baby up tomorrow night. I just have to find the CG then glue in the battery tray and mount the RX and Speedo.

Just do what I do......check the CG while in the air on the maiden flight!!

N726AC

70cc twin V2
Progress!
20150722_202056[1].jpg

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Look what the mail lady brought me today.

20150722_213318_resized.jpg

I've been wanting to get another helicopter and had been looking very hard a buying a Trex 700. I had looked at several used ones on several different helicopter sites and DecalDennis had also offered me one at a good price. The down side of the 700 over my Trex 550 is two 6S batteries as apposed to one. I had also looked at the Goblin 570's, but they are pretty pricey. Then last Friday I was checking the classifieds and a brand new listing popped up. A Goblin 570 newly built and never flown at a really awesome price. There was no way I could pass it up. I've always wanted a Goblin, and since the 570 uses the same batteries I use in the 550 it should work great.

I had a stop to make this morning on my way in to work that took longer than I thought, and when I got here I checked the mailbox and saw the mail lady had already been here, but didn't leave the boxes......CRAP! So, I hopped in the truck thinking she is never here this early and she can't be too far down the road. I caught her about half a block down the street and got my packages. Waiting another day would have sucked.;)