• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

BalsaDust

Thank you sir. If you look closely you can see the kadet hiding in the background. Been working on it a little at a time. The older wood in it I don't want to soak with ca so I have been using wood glue and having to clamp every joint so it takes time. It's almost done though. Went from being able to twist it around like a pretzel to it being incredibly sturdy now.

pawnshopmike

Staff member
Thank you sir. If you look closely you can see the kadet hiding in the background. Been working on it a little at a time. The older wood in it I don't want to soak with ca so I have been using wood glue and having to clamp every joint so it takes time. It's almost done though. Went from being able to twist it around like a pretzel to it being incredibly sturdy now.
That green Stix with the purple canopy is super sexy!

pawnshopmike

Staff member
Grrrrrr! Just swapped out the rudder servo in the Grasshopper and still no go. The new servo is dead as a hammer.:confused: Now I know why Great Planes discontinued the Electrifly ES50 Nano Servos. I used them because they fit the plane and I had them in stock. And per the specs they should have been more than ample for this plane. I know better than to buy cheap crap in the first place. Never again!

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
I finally got all my parts to finish my Trex 550. I replaced the Main Rotor housing with a new and improved one. It looks a little beefier where the original one cracked. I also got two new bearings and a shaft for the motor.

After reassembling everything I went through the setup and made sure everything was still where it needed to be. So, I guess it's all ready to go.:yesss:

20150724_221103_resized.jpg
20150723_110106_resized.jpg

pawnshopmike

Staff member
I finally got all my parts to finish my Trex 550. I replaced the Main Rotor housing with a new and improved one. It looks a little beefier where the original one cracked. I also got two new bearings and a shaft for the motor.

After reassembling everything I went through the setup and made sure everything was still where it needed to be. So, I guess it's all ready to go.:yesss:

View attachment 32502 View attachment 32503
Looking good bro. Best of luck with the re-maiden.

Also, all of those boxes on the shelf in the background, are those model train boxes? Athearn maybe?

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Yes, HO train rolling stock. A hobby I picked up along time ago. I also recently inherited a massive amount more from a friend that passed away. It dwarfs by a long shot what's in this picture. I have no idea what I'm going to do with all of it.
20150724_224245_resized.jpg