• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Starting look like a plane again still a long way to go
68513EB3-B195-40F8-8D3A-817BF67E130C.jpeg

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
What adhesive you use to glue down the metal to wood?
This stuff. I use a plastic throw away floor adhesive spreader to get an even distribution then lay the metal on it. It calls for 24 hours to cure so I will wait until I am done in the shop for the day to glue it down. That will give it roughly 12 hours and will be set enough so as to not hurt it for what I will be using it for for a couple days.

Attachments

• loctite-general-purpose-construction-adhesive-1390595-64_1000.jpg
    loctite-general-purpose-construction-adhesive-1390595-64_1000.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 258

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Got it all un-boxed tonight.
GOPR0058.JPG
GOPR0059.JPG
. Not as intimidating as first thought but great care will be needed in the assembly. This thing has 11 friggen servos in it and electric retracts. And yes the scale detail and form line is quite excellent. Counter rotating props to boot! I bet I could make room on my wall for this one too :sneaky: but yea.....I know :rolleyes:.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Got it all un-boxed tonight.View attachment 106241 View attachment 106242 . Not as intimidating as first thought but great care will be needed in the assembly. This thing has 11 friggen servos in it and electric retracts. And yes the scale detail and form line is quite excellent. Counter rotating props to boot! I bet I could make room on my wall for this one too :sneaky: but yea.....I know :rolleyes:.
Nice looking they sure can do some nice work with foam. But 11 servos that is going to add a lot of weight.