• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Twisted Hobbys Owner's Thread!!

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Here's a pic of what another guy did for his flash ng. It's pretty common to put the battery up in the nose.

15229779837_6ccf120b2a_b.jpg

Here's another example of with my crack pitts...

IMG_6459.JPG

Tbos

30cc
Thanks Mike.

I did cut a slot for the battery based on the position in the first photo.

I've attached two more photos to show the component positioning and balance points. I am using the th power combo.

I must be overlooking something. I'm starting to wonder if the cg in the manual assumes the landing gear is attached.

uploadfromtaptalk1441150765963.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1441150790444.jpg

Tbos

30cc
Thanks Mike.

I did cut a slot for the battery based on the position in the first photo.

I've attached two more photos to show the component positioning and balance points. I am using the th power combo.

I must be overlooking something. I'm starting to wonder if the cg in the manual assumes the landing gear is attached.

View attachment 36223
View attachment 36224
It appears to have been an issue with the elevator servo setup and sub trim.

I noticed that after a flight the elevator didn't go back to neutral at center stick.

Weird, but after setting it up again it works perfectly. Yay.

uploadfromtaptalk1441884600413.jpg

alawson999

70cc twin V2
Suggest you check the servo

If the foam is flexing or the glue is not sufficient, you will have strange problems with centering and unequal travel.

Easy to fix, just glue a bit more thoroughly.

Pls tell what you decide

Tbos

30cc
Suggest you check the servo

If the foam is flexing or the glue is not sufficient, you will have strange problems with centering and unequal travel.

Easy to fix, just glue a bit more thoroughly.

Pls tell what you decide
Thanks.

When I reset it, I tacked the servo down with additional hot glue.

Patto

70cc twin V2
I have the Crack Lazer and like it. My 9 year old loves it!

We do have issues with the control surfaces not centering well. It actually changes during flight. I believe the cheap HK servos may be the culprits.

Can anyone recommend some affordable yet worthy replacements?

I'm probably going to be ordering a second plane for myself one of these days soon since my kiddo has hijacked the other one.

alawson999

70cc twin V2
I have used two different servos, both with success on multiple TH airframes.

The servos from TH work well and are very affordable.

I also use Hitec servos with good results.

No centering problems on either.
Have worn out a few, but I fly hard and often.

One note, EPP foam will shrink or expand with big temperature changes, not at all uncommon to need to adjust trim a bit when weather is cold or hot. Once adjusted, it should stay centered for the rest of the flying session.

Hope this helps