• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D Viper-ST 100-120cc scratch build......it continues!

ericb

Team WTFO
GSN Contributor
I had to put the wings on to see what she looks like. I like!!! Weight is right at 26lbs.
Viper 270 001.JPG
Viper 270 002.JPG

ericb

Team WTFO
GSN Contributor
Amazing what 300+ squares does! Eric bought the original 70cc prototype and flew it some this Fall with a DLE120. Flew great except for harrier and CG. The new stock wings custom made for his fuse will take care of both of those.

Eric, your new neutral CG point should be 7.46 from LE at the fuse. You can pick it up with the canopy off through the plywood rails. Canopy is centered on the CG so it makes no difference.
Balance is a tad nose heavy at 7.5". I was able to remove the old "balast" that was needed before.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
PLEASE NOTE: Eric's plane is a one-of-a-kind so CG is different from the current models. The number is correct for the kits, but his engine box area is designed differently for a DA70. Anyone that buy's a kit will get drawings for the wings, stabs and rudder cutouts as well as CG location.

Looks great BTW:yesss:

ericb

Team WTFO
GSN Contributor
PLEASE NOTE: Eric's plane is a one-of-a-kind so CG is different from the current models. The number is correct for the kits, but his engine box area is designed differently for a DA70. Anyone that buy's a kit will get drawings for the wings, stabs and rudder cutouts as well as CG location.

Looks great BTW:yesss:
Sorry, didn't mean to mislead anybody by posting that.

tylerzx9r

100cc
No Misleading here, but thanks Terry for clarifying, some individuals out there might have been confused! As soon as I can get J. Anderson's AJ Slick finished ( Terry's original, then flown by the Fahns), I will have a clear space for My VIPER ST continued. Man am I getting pumped!