Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  2. Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Wattaplane/Skywing 48" EPP/PLY hybrid Slick

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by rcguy1958, Jan 15, 2013.

1. yea 4s 2200. timer set at 5:30 also. im ready to buy another wattaplane slick airframe this week. mines became a fatty after 3 repairs. cant wait to try a new slick out on 4s.

2. gyro

gyro GSN Contributor

Texas
    John, which motor are you running?

3. just put a 2820 in there. was gonna use it on another planned project, but haven't worked out the deal on that one yet. A 48" MXS.

4. sorry a motrolfly 2820-950 . I forget to say motrolfly sometimes., for me they are the only motor company anyways. :D

5. gyro

gyro GSN Contributor

Texas
    So you have a 2820-950 on 4s in the wattaplane!?!?!?

Which prop? Anything over a 12x6 on 4s is in the 900w range!

6. Yea 2820 with a 12x6 next time will prop up im trying to kill the airframe so i can get another i musta repaired it good. Figured the 4s woulda destroyed it already

7. Bigroger

Bigroger 70cc twin V2

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2013
  8. Diggity

Diggity 70cc twin V2

does anyone know if you can get a motor box for the slick and if so, where?

9. bestvaluerc.com

10. thats the only thing that sucks . the usa.wattaplane warehouse has no spares really. but i ordered an extra motor box, wire LG, and a few others. from the time i ordered to my mail box took 9 days.

What happened to yours :D